WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging and video calling apps. It has at least more than 300 million active users worldwide. WhatsApp users love the app as it is lightweight, easy to use and has lots of great features.
Adding friends to your WhatsApp account is not the same as inviting friends on WhatsApp, but both can be categorized as find your friends on Whatsapp. These two elements work differently and require different steps.
Adding friends means you add current Whatsapp users from your phone's contact list while inviting friends means you email or text someone on your phone's contact list. phone and invite them to join WhatsApp.
If you have decided to give it a try, the first thing you need to do is find your friends on WhatsApp. Then you can add them and start chatting or making calls with them. This article shows you how to find your friends on WhatsApp and invite others to join you.
Where are your WhatsApp contacts?
Once you've downloaded WhatsApp from the Play Store or App Store, it's only natural to start getting familiar with the app. Thankfully, WhatsApp has a clean, user-friendly interface with no unnecessary clutter to distract you from important things, like chatting with or calling your friends. To see friends on your WhatsApp list, you need to add them. However, they must also use the app.
Steps to make sure you can see your friends on your WhatsApp contact list
As mentioned earlier, your friends must use WhatsApp to appear on your WhatsApp contact list. Adding friends is very easy, but you must have a phone number for each stored in your phone's contact list.
- Make sure you have saved your friend's WhatsApp registered phone number in your phone's address book.
- Allow WhatsApp to access your phone contacts. Go to your phone settings.
- Now launch WhatsApp and select the “Chats” tab.
- Now select the “New chat” icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- You will see all your phone contacts (who have phone numbers registered with WhatsApp) who also use WhatsApp. Remember, you can only reach a friend via whatsapp if they are using the app themselves. If you're sure they're not using WhatsApp, but you want to encourage them to, you can always invite them to download whatsapp and join your conversation.
How to invite friends from your contact list on WhatsApp
As mentioned earlier, the contacts that appear in WhatsApp are those who use the app. Otherwise, your friends from your phone contacts will not show up. Here's how to invite friends on WhatsApp.
How to Invite Friends on WhatsApp on Android
Simply scroll to the bottom of your WhatsApp contact list until you see the "Invite Friends" option. You can send the invite by texting them, emailing them, or another web-based text messaging app that you both currently use.
- Go to the WhatsApp chat screen and then start a new chat.
- Scroll down if necessary, then tap " Invite friends. » Start a new chat.
- Scroll to the bottom of your WhatsApp contacts and tap "Invite Friends".
How to Invite a Friend to WhatsApp on iPhone/iOS
How to add WhatsApp contacts?
Alright, you found your friends on WhatsApp, but now what? The next step is to add your friend to the chat list and start sending messages, stickers, gifs, and just about anything you can think of. When you tap on the "New chat" icon and see the list of WhatsApp contacts, select the friend you want to talk to and tap on their name or profile picture.
This action will open another window, which will be the start of your conversation. The next step is the easiest, just say "Hello" or send them an emoji that perfectly reflects your mood. Or you can tap the video call icon at the top of the screen and surprise them with a call.
How to add international numbers
WhatsApp is incredibly convenient for keeping in touch with family and friends who live abroad. You should make sure that you always have the latest version of WhatsApp and that your phone is connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection.
And you can make video calls anywhere in the world. But if your friends are using international numbers, in order to find them in your contact list, you need to add them correctly to your phone. Here's how:
- Go to the contact on your phone and select "Add new contact".
- Be sure to add the plus (+) symbol when entering your friend's number.
- Make sure you have the correct country code.
If you want to be able to use WhatsApp to talk to friends who use international numbers, you need to have both the plus sign and the country code, followed by your friend's phone number. Only then will their profile appear in your WhatsApp contacts.
What if you can't see your friend's profile?
That way, you're sure you've added the correct contact information, both for US-based friends and international contacts. Only you see their name, but none of the profile information like photo, status, and last seen. And you're probably wondering what's going on. There are several reasons why this can happen.
- The friend you're trying to reach has their privacy settings set to 'Nobody', which means no one can contact them first.
- They may have blocked your number.
- You are having connection problems and should try again later.
- They may not have set a profile picture yet.
- Their privacy settings are set to "My Contacts" and they haven't registered you as theirs yet.
Another problem you might encounter is that you added the contact correctly, but you realize from the profile picture that it is not, in fact, your friend, but someone else. This probably means that the contact you are adding has given up their phone number and now someone else is using it instead. It is not uncommon for providers to reuse numbers.
WhatsApp makes staying in touch easier
Although you may encounter a few issues along the way when finding your friends on WhatsApp, the process is pretty quick and simple overall. Pesky international codes and perks can be confusing, but it's pretty simple to sort out.
All you need to remember is to put the phone number in your phone's address book first. From there, it's child's play. And regularly checking for new WhatsApp updates always makes using it much smoother.
Have you had trouble finding your friends on WhatsApp? How about adding international numbers? Let us know in the comments section below.