Minecraft servers are a great option for players who want to set their own rules or limit their circle of play. If you want to set up a server or invite friends to an existing server, you need to know your server address. But finding it isn't so easy if you've never done it before.
If you're wondering where to find your server address, we're here to help. In this guide, we will explain how to find your Minecraft server address on different devices – consoles, mobile phones, iPad and Mac. Keep reading to start playing Minecraft by your own rules.
How to Find Your Minecraft Server Address on an Xbox
Your Minecraft server address is the IP address or IP address of your Xbox. It is a unique numeric code that identifies a network. Follow the step below to locate it:
- Turn on your console and press the home button (the big "X") on your controller.
- Go to "Settings".
- Select "Network", then "Network Settings" and "Advanced Settings".
- Select "IP Settings". You will see your IP address. Copy it or write it down and share it with your friends.
How to Find Your Minecraft Server Address on a PS4
Sony has made locating your PS4 IP address relatively simple. Follow the instructions below:
- Turn on your PS4 and press the PS logo button on your controller to bring up the home screen.
- Go to "Settings".
- Select network. »
- Select "Show connection status".
- In the “View Connection Status” menu, you will see your server address under “IP Address”.
How to Find Your Minecraft Server Address on a Mac
Finding your IP address to create a Minecraft server is easier than it seems at first glance. Follow the steps below:
- Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen to access the menu.
- Click on “System Preferences”.
- In the “System Preferences” window, click on “Display”.
- Select "Network" from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to "Ethernet" or "Wi-Fi" in the left sidebar, depending on the type of connection you're using.
- You will find your IP address in the “IP Address” line.
You can also find your IP address using a command line utility:
- Use Spotlight search to find "Terminal" or find it under "Applications".
- Open Terminal and type “ipconfig getifaddr en1” if you are using an Ethernet connection and “ipconfig getifaddr en0” if you are using a Wi-Fi connection. Your IP address will show up instantly.
How to Find Your Minecraft Server Address on an iPad
Finding your iPad's IP address is a little different from doing it on a Mac, as iPads run on the iOS mobile operating system. Here's how to locate your IP address on an iPad:
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Tap "Wi-Fi" at the top.
- Tap the name of your Wi-Fi network connection. Optionally, tap the "i" icon next to it.
- Scroll to the end of the page. You will see your IP address next to "IP Address" in the "IPV4 Address" section.
How to Find Your Minecraft Server Address on a Nintendo Switch
Your Nintendo Switch IP address is the address of your Wi-Fi network. Here's how to find it to play Minecraft on your home server:
- Turn on your Nintendo Switch and select "System Settings" from the main menu.
- Scroll down and select "Internet" from the left sidebar.
- Select "Advanced", located in the lower right corner of your screen. Your network's IP address will be displayed under "Properties", next to "IPV4 Address".
How to Find Your Minecraft Server Address on an iPhone or Android
You can find your phone network's IP address just like you can find it on your PC or console. Here's how to do it on an iPhone:
- Launch the “Settings” app.
- Select "Wi-Fi" at the top of the page.
- Select the currently connected Wi-Fi network. You can also tap the "i" icon next to the network name.
- Scroll down to the "IPV4 Address" section. Your IP address will be displayed in the “IP address” line.
If you're using an Android phone or tablet, the instructions are slightly different:
- Go to "Settings".
- Tap on “Network and Internet”, then on “Wi-Fi”.
- Tap the name of a network you are currently connected to or connect to a network and then tap its name.
- Expand the drop-down menu under the "Advanced" section. Your IP address will be displayed under "Network Details".
The instructions provided are for Android 10. Keep in mind that the system is updated often. Depending on the Android version and brand of your device, the steps may differ slightly.
How do I connect to someone else's Minecraft server?
Using a network's IP address, you can join other servers or invite your friends to join yours. Here's how:
1. Launch the game.
2. Click on “Direct connection”.
3. Paste the IP address of a server you want to join. Otherwise, paste the server name.
4. Click on “Play”.
Set your rules
Hope our guide helped you find your network IP address. Now you can use it to create a Minecraft server or invite your friends to join an existing server. Be sure to check out servers created by other players – some of them are extremely entertaining.
What are your favorite Minecraft public servers? Share your top picks in the comments section below.