Everyone likes to relax after a long day at work. For some, it's playing their favorite game. For others, it's watching videos or movies on their Amazon Firestick. But what if you start a movie, click the “Play” button, and instead of being greeted with a video screen, you get a message that says: “error code: plr_prs_call_failed?”
It can be a little frustrating, that's for sure. But if you have encountered this error, you have come to the right place. This article will share practical tips on how to fix the annoying problem.
Code d’erreur Firestick plr_prs_call_failed
Even if you could use Prime Video before, you might suddenly be blocked from playing your favorite content due to the "error code plr_prs_call_failed" issue. It's possible that the problem is caused by Amazon Prime Video's own server issues. Their server may be down when you try to access the video.
You can quit and restart the app, which can sometimes fix many common issues. This will restart your Prime Video app processes and give them a fresh start.
Or maybe your account settings affect how you access and stream content on your Firestick. In most cases, you can resolve the "plr_prs_call_failed error code" issue by manually configuring your Prime Video settings. Below are detailed steps on how to do this:
- Launch Amazon Prime Video on your TV.
- Use the navigation buttons on your Amazon Fire TV remote to navigate to the Settings tab.
- Choose the “Settings” option and go to “Applications”.
- Click "Manage Installed Apps" and select the "Prime Video" option under the "Installed Apps" section.
Steps 5 and 6 will adjust the frame rate of your Prime video app.
- Click on "Clear data" for the data to be deleted.
- Continue with "Clear cache" to delete all cache files.
- Once you're done, return to the main menu.
- Start a movie and click the "Play" button.
Your video should now play smoothly. However, if the issue has not been resolved, you can continue with the steps below.
Disable your IPv6
If you have IPv6 with a broadband connection, you will not have access to Amazon Prime Video. Moreover, it can cause errors that spoil your entertainment time. If you received the error "error code plr_prs_call_failed" and the above steps did not help, try disabling your IPv6 settings on the router. Before you start, be sure to follow the suggestions in the user manual or ask your network service provider to modify it.
Adjust advanced connection settings
Disabling IPv6 will sometimes not be enough to solve this problem. You may need to check the Firestick additional internet settings. Apply the following steps if you received the "plr_prs_call_failed" error while using a Fire TV Stick.
- Open your Fire TV Stick's Settings.
- Go to the “My Fire TV” section then “About” and choose “Network”.
- Review the information there.
- Make sure the IP Address, SSID, Subnet Mask, DNS and Gateway are present.
- Write down details about them separately.
- Configure your Internet settings. If you're using Wi-Fi, go to your Fire TV settings.
- Go to “Network”.
- Select the “Join another network” option.
- Head to the “No Security” option.
- Click on “Advanced”.
- Enter the IP address and gateway from step 4 in the respective text fields.
- Type "24" in front of the label indicating "fixed-length network".
- Change the DNS settings as shown below:
- DNS1 : 22.214.171.124
- DNS2 : 126.96.36.199
- DNS1 : 188.8.131.52
- Press the "Connect" button to finish.
You have now changed your advanced connection settings and the Fire TV Stick should be able to play content without interruption.
Note that you may get the “plr_prs_call_failed” error if your application is corrupted or outdated. If the above steps didn't help, try troubleshooting or reinstalling the Prime Video app. You can reinstall the app by deleting it from your device, then downloading and installing it again from your device's app store. Once you have reinstalled, try playing your favorite content again.
As a last resort, before contacting Amazon customer service, you can try changing your location settings and deregistering your Amazon account.
Adjust your location settings
- Open any browser and go to your Amazon account settings.
- Go to “Manage your content and devices”.
- Go to the "Preferences" tab and choose "Country/region settings".
- Select "Edit".
- Enter your personal information.
- Select "Update".
- Follow the steps below to unsubscribe your Amazon account.
Unsubscribe your Amazon account
- Launch your Amazon Fire TV and go to the home screen.
- Go to "Settings", then "My account".
- Select your Amazon account and click "Unsubscribe", then click "Unsubscribe" again to confirm.
- Re-register your account.
- Go to "Settings", then "My account", then "Register".
- Type in your Amazon email address and click "Next".
- Enter the password and press "Connect".
Contact Amazon Support
If none of the above solutions worked, you can always contact Amazon customer service and report your Prime Video issues while using Firestick. In some cases, customer service representatives may be able to resolve the issue for them.
Make Amazon Fire TV Stick Great Again
Although it's a fantastic device, the Amazon Fire TV Stick isn't free from occasional errors that can ruin your streaming experience. Sometimes the problem may involve your remote. But often it is a common connection issue reported by many users, like the “plr_prs_call_failed” error.
Fortunately, there is a solution to every problem, and this one is no exception. This article has shared some methods to help you fix the connection issue on your Firestick. We recommend starting with the former, as it is the most commonly accepted solution on the web.
Have you solved the Firestick "error code plr_prs_call_failed" problem? Which method helped you solve the problem? Share your experience in the comments section below.