Since Facebook bought Instagram, the company has been linking the two together so they can support each other in a number of ways. One of the most useful ways for Facebook and Instagram to complement each other is to give users the ability to share Instagram images directly to Facebook.
Well, you can in theory share Instagram images directly to Facebook. Actually, the option is still a bit buggy at times but improving.
If you are having trouble sharing images from Instagram directly to Facebook, here are some things you can try to fix the problem.
You may have linked your Facebook and Instagram accounts long before Facebook bought Instagram.
However, the system behind the scenes has changed with the acquisition, and functionality that used to work reliably now seems a little buggy. Still, the integrations seem to be improving over time.
The problem can take two forms. One tells you the image was successfully shared but never appeared on Facebook, and the other is that you're sharing something from Instagram, and it just doesn't seem to do anything at all.
For your personal account, you will make the connection between Instagram and Facebook from Instagram.
If you also have a business Facebook page, you need to make sure that Instagram has permission to post to your Facebook page.
Instagram shares not showing on Facebook
What should happen when you share from Instagram is that you see a confirmation telling you “Your post has been successfully shared” and it appears on your Facebook page.
Sometimes you see this message but nothing appears on Facebook, and sometimes nothing happens at all, and you don't see the message.
Either way, here are some ways to fix it. Try each process step by step until you solve the problem.
- Log out and log back in on Instagram and Facebook. This simple fix often fixes all sorts of issues with apps individually, but it can fix integration issues as well.
- Check the link between Facebook and Instagram. Open the Instagram app on your device and tap the "profile icon" lower right.
- Press the "hamburger icon" (three horizontal lines) in the upper right corner.
- From your profile, choose " Settings. »
- Press “Account Center”.
- Then press the “Accounts and Profiles” option.
- Verify that your Facebook account appears in the list.
- You may also be prompted to log into Facebook and verify the Facebook link. When you first see Facebook in the list of linked accounts, confirm that it appears in blue with the logo next to it, along with your name associated with your account.
- If you tap Facebook, you should be able to log in to Facebook from Instagram by tapping “Connection. »
- If the previous step doesn't work, reset the link to make sure Facebook is properly authenticated and linked to your Instagram account.
- Head to the “Account Center”.
- Press your " Facebook account. »
- Press “Remove from Account Center. » This will link or re-link your Facebook account with your Instagram account and allow you to share Instagram images to Facebook.
The above steps should fix Instagram sharing problems on Facebook. There is nothing to do in Facebook with a personal Facebook account. However, if you have a Facebook page for your business, the process is a bit different.
Connect Instagram Account to Facebook Pages
If you've linked Instagram to your Facebook account but find that you can't post to your personal or business Facebook page, you need to make sure you've allowed Instagram to post to your page.
- Allow Instagram to post to your Page. On your laptop or desktop computer using a web browser, click « Settings " at the bottom left of your Facebook Page,
- Click on « Instagram » on the left side of "Page Settings".
- Click on « Connect account. "
- Finally, enter your username and password, then click « Sign in. "
Clear app cache or reinstall Facebook
If you're still having trouble posting from Instagram to Facebook from your mobile device, the last thing you should try is clearing the app cache on your device. Clearing the app cache can fix issues that have nothing to do with Facebook or Instagram. In the case of iOS, you'll reinstall the app rather than just clearing the cache.
On Android, follow these instructions for Facebook and Instagram separately
- Press " Settings. »
- Press « Applications. »
- Press " Facebook " ou « Instagram. »
- Select " Storage room. »
- Finally, press " Empty the cache. »
On iOS (not reinstalling apps clears the app cache for the app in question):
- Tap " Settings. »
- Tap “General. »
- Select “iPhone Storage. »
- Tap " Facebook. "
- To choose “Delete app”.
- reinstate " Facebook " from the App Store.
- Repeat this same process to "Instagram" to get a clean install of both without the data.