If you use the Signal messaging app, you might be wondering how to forward a message. Not only is it simple, but you can do it on both the mobile app and the desktop app. By forwarding messages to other Signal users or group chats, you'll save time having to rewrite the entire message. Forwarding is especially useful if it's a fairly long message that took you a few minutes to write.
In this article, we will show you how to forward a message in Signal on various devices. Additionally, we will go through the process of transferring a message from Signal to WhatsApp.
How to Forward a Message in Signal on the iPhone
The process of forwarding messages in Signal is quick and easy on the mobile app. Here's how to do it on an iPhone:
- Launch Signal on your iPhone.
- Go to chat and message location.
- Find the message and long press the space outside the message.
- A context menu will appear at the bottom of the chat.
- Tap the arrow that points to the right.
- Select the person or group chat you want to forward the message to.
- Tap the blue arrow in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Add a message, if necessary.
- Select the "Send" button.
That's all we can say about it. You can forward the same message to five chats at once. It is possible to forward messages to individual and group chats. Apart from messages, you can also transfer photos or links using the same method.
How to Forward a Message in Signal on an Android
If you want to forward a message to another chat in Signal on an Android device, follow the steps below:
- Open the Signal app on your Android.
- Switch to the conversation that contains the message you want to forward.
- Press and hold space outside the message bubble, opening a pop-up menu at the bottom of your screen.
- Go to the right-pointing “Forward” arrow in the bottom menu.
- Select the chat you want the message forwarded to.
- Choose the blue arrow in the bottom right corner of the app.
- Add text or a symbol to the message if desired.
- Press "Send".
The message is immediately forwarded to the chat. Once the message is sent, you can't forward it again, so make sure you send it to the correct chat.
The only difference between the Signal app on an iPhone and an Android device is that you can only forward a message to one chat at a time. If you are an iPhone user, you can forward the same message to five chats at the same time.
How to forward a message in Signal on a Windows 10 PC
If you're using the Signal desktop app, you can also forward messages there. Here's how to transfer Signal messages to a Windows 10 PC:
- Open the Signal desktop app.
- Find the chat from which you want to forward the message and click on it.
- Locate the message and hover over it.
- Click on the three dots that will appear next to the message bubble.
- Select the "Forward" button.
- Choose chat to forward your message. You can select up to five different conversations.
- Click the “Next” arrow button.
- Edit the message if necessary.
- Go to the “Send” button.
Keep in mind that the person you forwarded the message to will know that the message has been forwarded. However, there is no way for them to find out the origin of the original message.
How to forward a message in Signal on a Mac
To forward a message in Signal on your Mac, follow these steps:
- Launch the Signal desktop app on your Mac.
- Click on the chat where the message you want to forward is located.
- Find the message and hover your cursor over the message bubble.
- Click on the three dots next to the message.
- Choose the "Forward" button.
- Select all the chats you want to send the message to.
- Proceed to the “Next” arrow button.
- Edit the message if desired.
- Click on the “Send” button.
How to Forward Multiple Messages at Once in Signal
Not only can you forward a message in Signal, but you can also forward multiple messages simultaneously.
Find out how it's done on the mobile app:
- Open Signal on your phone.
- Go to the chat that contains the messages you want to forward.
- Press and hold outside a message bubble.
- Select all the messages you want to forward by tapping the empty circle next to each message.
- Tap the right-pointing arrow on the bottom toolbar.
- Select all the chats you want to forward the messages to.
- Edit the messages if necessary.
- Press the "Send" button.
All selected messages will be forwarded as soon as you press "Send". You can forward as many messages as you want, but it may take a few moments.
How to forward a message from Signal to WhatsApp
Transferring a message from Signal to WhatsApp is not that easy. Unfortunately, you cannot forward a message directly from this app to another. However, you can use the copy-paste method.
These steps can help "forward" a message to the mobile app:
- Open Signal and navigate to the chat location containing the message you want to forward.
- Long press the message until a toolbar appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the two pieces of paper icon in the middle of the toolbar. This is the "Copy" option.
- Close signal.
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat location to send the message.
- Tap and hold on the chat box.
- Select "Paste".
- Go to the blue arrow on the right side of the screen to send the message.
These steps are the fastest way to forward a message from Signal to other messaging apps, and they work on the desktop app as well. All you have to do is click and drag your cursor over the message you want to copy, or just double-click it. Select "Copy" from the drop-down menu and paste it into a WhatsApp chat on the web browser.
Save time forwarding messages in Signal
Instead of having to rewrite the same message in the Signal app or use the copy and paste method, you can simply forward it. You can also forward multiple messages to multiple chats in Signal to save time. However, to send Signal messages to other messaging apps, you must use the copy and paste method.
Have you ever forwarded a message in Signal before? Did you follow the same steps described in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.