If you bought Minecraft but don't have time to play or just don't like it, your next logical step might be to request a refund. But since Minecraft comes in different versions and is available on multiple platforms, refund policies may vary.
If you want to know how to get a refund for Minecraft, look no further. This article will discuss the conditions under which you can request a refund and explain the steps to follow.
If you want to request a refund for Minecraft Windows 10, you will need to do so through your Microsoft account.
Minecraft will only accept refund requests under certain circumstances:
- You have a valid reason for requesting a refund.
- It has been less than 14 days since purchase.
- You have played the game for less than two hours.
- You did not purchase the game from an unauthorized seller.
If you meet the criteria, follow these instructions to request a refund:
- Go to the Microsoft Account page and sign in.
- Tap "Payments & Billing".
- Select “Order History”.
- Locate Minecraft and tap "Request a Refund".
- Select why you are returning it.
- If necessary, describe your situation in more detail.
- Follow the instructions to complete the application.
If you purchased the wrong item from the Minecraft Marketplace or want a refund for Minecraft Coins, the process depends on the device you were using when you made the purchase.
Since Minecraft Marketplace is available on Windows 10 and all devices that support the Pocket edition, you will need to contact the corresponding store support to request a refund.
Since Minecraft Bedrock Edition is available on multiple platforms, whether or not you can get a refund depends on company policy.
Most companies require you to request a refund within the first 14 days of purchase and only if you've played the game for less than two hours.
The Bedrock Edition is available on Windows, iOS, Android, and Fire OS. To check each company's return policies, follow the links below:
- For Windows, click here and sign in to your account.
- For iOS, click here.
- For Android, click here.
- For Fire OS, click here.
Some platforms may not have refund options, while others offer partial refunds within a specific time frame. This is why it is essential to react immediately after realizing that you have made a mistake.
Requesting a refund on Minecraft Dungeons is done through the Minecraft Support page.
You are entitled to a refund if:
- It's been less than 15 days since you bought it.
- You made the same purchase twice.
- Someone used your account to make the purchase without your permission.
- You cannot play the game even after troubleshooting.
Submit a refund request by entering your personal information and explaining the situation. We recommend that you attach photos to support your claims.
If you purchased the Minecraft Xbox Edition, you can request a refund through Xbox Support. Keep in mind that you're only eligible if it's been less than two weeks since purchase and you've played the game for less than two hours.
Here's how to request a refund:
- Visit the Xbox Support page.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Find Minecraft under "Refundable Purchases".
- Tap "Request a Refund". The product name and order number will be filled in automatically.
- Explain why you are requesting a refund in detail. You can also include photos that support your claims.
- Press "Send".
Minecraft Pocket Edition is the mobile version of the game. Although it no longer goes by that name, the game is still available for Android, iOS, Windows phones, and Fire tablets. The mobile app offers almost the same gaming experience as the PC and console versions.
When requesting a refund for Minecraft Pocket Edition, you should contact the company you purchased the game from. As with other games available on multiple platforms, refund policies depend on the company you are using.
In most cases, you'll be able to get a refund if you act quickly and ask for it as soon as you realize you've made a mistake.
- iPhone or iPad users must follow this link to request a refund.
- Android users can request a refund by visiting this page.
- If you purchased Minecraft on your Fire tablet, follow this link to get a refund.
It is possible to request a refund for Minecraft, but obtaining it depends on several factors. Your eligibility depends on the time elapsed since purchase and whether you have played the game for a specific period. In most cases, you'll need to submit a refund request to the company you purchased Minecraft from.
We hope you found our article useful and learned how to get a refund for Minecraft.
Have you ever made the wrong Minecraft buy? What did you do about it? Tell us in the comments section below.