If you're feeling a little generous and want to donate Robux to your favorite gamer, it's a simple process. Or at least it should be.
Unfortunately, donating Robux on Roblox isn't as easy as hitting a "donate" button, but players are crafty. They have developed several ways to “give” people Robux without a dedicated button.
Learn more about donating Robux from your account and the different methods you can use to donate Robux to other players.
How to donate Robux to your friends
In a perfect world, you would be able to share your Robux bounty with your friends with just a click. However, the world isn't perfect, even the worlds you create on Roblox. If you want to donate Robux to your friends, you may need to go through several steps.
Fortunately, there are several ways to do this so you can choose a method that works for your situation:
Method 1 – Sell Game Pass (PC Only)
Methods 1 and 2 are great options if you want to donate Robux that you already have in your account. To do this, however, you need two Roblox accounts, probably yours and a friend. Once you've coordinated with the friend/fund recipient, here are the steps to "donate" Robux:
- Launch Roblox and log in.
- Select the Create tongue.
- You should have already created a game because every Roblox account automatically gets its own game upon signing up. It's usually called "[gamer tag]'s Place."
- Click the gear icon to the right of the game.
- To choose Create a game pass from the drop-down list of options.
- In the next screen, select any file on your computer with the Choose file button and download it. It can be anything because it's just a placeholder.
- Now name your Game Pass.
- (Optional) Write a description in the text box.
- Click it Preview button.
- Press green Check download button.
- You will see a message box appear saying: Game Pass created successfully.
- Navigate to the game gear icon again and open the drop-down menu.
- Select configurator.
- Select Sales in the left menu pane options.
- Toggle it Item for sale functionality at AU.
- Enter the price (how much you want to donate) in the field. The recipient only gets 70% of the sale price and Roblox gets the rest. For example, if you want to give away 100 Robux, you would enter 143 Robux for the prize.
- Click it save button for your Game Pass to go live.
- Send the link to your friend/recipient or ask them to find it on your games.
- Log in to your Roblox account and search for Game Pass or use your friend/beneficiary's selling URL.
- Buy their Game Pass.
- The donation is now complete.
Keep in mind that this method does not give Robux right away. Roblox has a three-day "pending sales" period to transfer funds from one player to another.
Method 2 – Group/Group Funds (PC & Mobile)
Group Fund Transfer is another way to “donate” funds to other players. It also works on the Roblox mobile app. You do need a group with funds already in the account to take advantage of this method, however.
Here's how to do it:
If you haven't already, you need to create a group. See the steps below to create one or go to your Groups page.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and select Groups.
- press the Create a group button.
- Fill in all the fields.
- Pay 100 Robux to start the new group.
Once you have a group, you (or the recipient) must create a game and then a Game Pass for it. However, you can skip this step if you already have funds to distribute from the group account.
- Click it Create tab of the Groups page.
- Now select the Group Creations tongue.
- Make sure to select the target group in the left menu pane.
- Press green Create a new game button.
- From there select Base plate or any other type of game on the page. It doesn't matter because it's used as a Game Pass placeholder.
- Go to the right of your newly created game and press the gear icon.
- Now select Create a pass in the drop-down menu.
- Upload a file using the aptly named Choose file button. It doesn't matter what type of file you choose, as it's just a dummy pass/placeholder.
- Name the Game Pass.
- Press green Preview button.
- Click on the green Check download button.
- Once the Game Pass is created, go to the right of it and press the gear icon.
- Then click configurator in the drop-down menu.
- Select Sales in the left menu pane.
- To toggle Item for sale to the AU position.
- Set the price in the appropriate field.
- press save.
Robux Donor/You – Adding Funds to Group Account
- Purchase the new Group Game Pass using the sales URL or search for it on the sales page.
- Check that the Robux is going to the group funds by going to the group page.
- Click on the three dots to the right of the group name.
- Scroll down and select Configure group.
- Select Returned and Summary in the left pane menu.
- It will say “Pending” and will take three days to appear in the Group's funds.
Robux Donor/You – Donate Robux to another player
- Once in the Group funds, go back to the Returned option and select Payments.
- Now click Single payment.
- Then select the Add a payment recipient button.
- Enter the name of your friend/beneficiary in the username field.
- Scroll and select the recipient's name from the drop-down options.
- press Okay Carry on. However, the recipient must be part of your created group. If you haven't already added them, you'll want to do so before following these steps.
- Set the amount of Robux you want to pay to the recipient. You must have sufficient funds in the group account to cover the payment.
- press the Distribute button.
- The recipient receives the payment instantly with no “on hold” wait times.
Method 3 – Buy Robux Gift Cards
If you have access to a credit card or don't feel like going through all the steps of the methods described above, you can still buy a Robux Gift Card.
Gift cards are available in physical stores around the world. Visit the following stores to pick up a card near you:
- 7 onze
- Best buy
- CVS Pharmacy
If you pick up a physical card, you'll still need to send it to your recipient so they can use it. For faster donations, digital cards are always an option. You can check out retailers like GameStop, Amazon, and Target for digital cards in different denominations.
You can also visit the official Roblox website to buy gift cards directly from the source. Gift cards have preset values of $10, $25, and $50, but you can also set a custom amount. Each gift card, regardless of where it was purchased, comes with a free virtual item when redeeming the gift code.
Robux Donations FAQ
Can you just give Robux to your friends directly?
Yes and no. Unfortunately, the answer is not simple.
You can buy digital gift cards and send them to your friends, or you can buy physical cards and send them by "post mail". However, you cannot transfer funds from your account to a friend's Roblox account.
If you have an abundance of funds and want to share the wealth, you can use any of the methods described above to "give" Robux to friends, directly from your account. The easiest way to "donate" is to make a "payment" from a group account that both of you are members of.
Spending the 100 Robux to create a new group may be out of the question for some players, however. If that sounds like you, you can always ask the recipient/friend to create a Game Pass so you can "purchase". There are some downsides to using this method, such as the three-day wait time and the percentage that Roblox keeps for sale.
Share the Robux Wealth
Giving Robux to other players is as easy as buying a gift card, but for some players that's not an option. If you have an abundance of Robux in your account or just don't want to whip out a credit card, there are workarounds to "donate" from your balance. The easiest way is to use a shared group account, but you can still do the individual Game Pass sale if you're willing to wait a bit.
What's your favorite way to "give" Robux to other players? What methods have you tried? Tell us about it in the comments section below.