The main goal of Adopt Me is to collect pets, and one of the most exciting ways to do that is to hatch eggs. Many types of eggs are available, including starter, royal, Christmas, and golden. The more expensive they are, the more chances you have of acquiring rare animals. As you hatch more and more eggs, your collection of animals can become more impressive.
In this entry, we'll give you an in-depth guide to Hatching Eggs in Adopt Me and give you some tips for acquiring unique eggs like the Mythic Egg and the Ocean Egg. Read on to learn more about growing your menagerie in Adopt Me.
How to Hatch Eggs in Adopt Me
Most Adopt Me pets can be obtained through eggs, with three notable exceptions. Some pets can only be purchased with Robux, while others require event currency or specific items (e.g. boxes). Also, some eggs, like Farm Egg, are available for a while, though you can get them through trading once they disappear.
Most of the work of hatching an egg comes down to achieving specific goals. But before reaching this stage, you will need to perform a few actions:
Equip the desired egg
The first step is to release the egg that will hatch. Here's how:
- Access your backpack by clicking on the symbol at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to the "Pets" section and select the egg you want to hatch.
- Click on the egg to pop it out of your inventory.
See you on Adoption Island
When you start your game, you first appear in your home. However, this place does not contain any chores, which is why you will have to move to the adoption island:
- Leave your house and find the sign that says "Tunnel to Adoption Island".
- Locate a massive tunnel with blue arrows indicating the direction you should follow.
- Stay on the road until you reach the island. After a few minutes, the game should start sending you objectives at the top of your screen.
The missions you need to complete will appear at the top of your screen. Each requires you to perform an activity with the egg.
Blue Chores are a faster option, giving you a small amount of money and the experience needed to hatch your egg. Tap the icon for one of these objectives and the game will tell you where you need to go. Here is a brief list of these tasks and how you are expected to accomplish them:
- Hungry – Take your pet to a school and feed it in the daycare area. Otherwise, give them food in your backpack. Another great option is to collect apples from the teacher's desk and feed the egg on the fly.
- Dirty – Put your egg in a shower or tub. You can purchase either item at your doorstep. Another option is to go to someone else's house and use their shower or bath. Many players leave the door open, allowing you to wash your egg at almost every corner.
- Thirst - Another activity you can do in a school is to give your egg water if it is thirsty. To quench their thirst on the go, buy drinks from a cafe or buy lemonade from a lemonade stand. This refreshing drink usually costs $1, but the cost varies depending on the stall owner.
- Asleep – Take the egg to any available sleep site, such as a school or a campsite.
On the other side of the spectrum, you can also opt for orange lenses. These are more lucrative and offer more experience, so be sure to complete them whenever possible. Like blue tasks, orange tasks will tell you where you need to move to complete them. Here are the most common orange assignments and their requirements:
- Bored – Visit the Playground or play the piano in your house.
- Camping – Spend time at a campsite.
- Hot Spring/Pool Party – Go to the pool and take a dip.
- School – Visit a school to learn. This objective can be combined with several blues.
- Sick – There are several ways to cure egg sickness in the hospital. You can either talk to Doctor Heart in the right wing, consume healing apples in the left wing, or sit on the blue bed.
Hatch your egg
After completing enough tasks to fill the egg experience bar, your egg should hatch automatically. Then you have to take care of your pet and teach it new tricks. Depending on its age, your pet can perform all kinds of tricks:
- Junior – play dead and lay down
- Pre-teen – beg, fear, stay, joy and bounce back
- Teen – handstand, erode, merry, dance 1 and turn around
- Post-adolescent – side flip, backflip, twirl, dive, stand still, dance 2
- Adult – dance, frost breath, shadow breath, reflection, triple flip
How to get the ocean egg?
The Ocean Egg is a legendary item that can be obtained from the nursery:
1. Go to Adoption Island.
2. Find the nursery.
3. Approach the gumball machine.
4. Select the Ocean Egg and purchase it for $750. You can buy as many as you want.
Besides common pets (e.g. stingray), the ocean egg can also contain rare species including seahorse and narwhal. You can also get a legendary pet, like the shark or the octopus, if you're particularly lucky.
How to get the golden egg?
The Golden Egg is another legendary Adopt Me egg. The only way to get it is to earn it as a star reward by logging in every day. Once you have collected 660 stars (logged in for 180 consecutive days), the egg will automatically be added to your inventory. You can also acquire it through trade.
The golden egg definitely contains a legendary animal. Each egg comes with three possible pets: the griffin, the dragon and the unicorn.
How to get the mythical egg?
The Mythical Egg is also one of the most coveted items in Adopt Me. Luckily, it's not hard to find. If trading isn't your thing, you can buy the egg for $750 from the gumball machine in the nursery.
Once you hatch a mythical egg, you can obtain a myriad of fascinating animals. The list includes the Wolpertinger, Kirin, Merhorse, Sasquatch, Hydra, Wyvern, Phoenix, and Goldhorn.
A trusted companion at your fingertips
Egg hatching is an indispensable part of Adopt Me. Once you take care of your eggs, they will give you a cute pet that will invigorate your home and add much-needed warmth. So start collecting all the unique types and a bunch of fascinating animals at your fingertips.
How many eggs did you hatch in Adopt Me? What species have they introduced to you? What's your favorite Adopt Me egg? Tell us in the comments section below.