Since the onset of the pandemic, video conferencing has seen tremendous growth in the market, taking the world by storm. In 2022, companies around the world have moved from onsite offices to virtual spaces to host meetings. Hence, many video conferencing apps have become common on mobiles and desktops across the country. One such application is WebEx.
If you're new to the app and unsure how to host a meeting, fear not, because we've got you covered. This article will highlight how to successfully host a WebEx meeting, whether you're using a desktop computer or a mobile app.
Keep reading to find out more.
How to Host a Meeting in the WebEx Desktop App
To host a meeting on the WebEx app, you must first sign up for a WebEx Meetings account if you don't already have one. While it's possible to join a meeting without an account, you won't be able to host or schedule meetings without an account.
Additionally, you will need to download the application to your computer if you haven't already. You can access WebEx from a web browser, but it's recommended that you download the app if you're hosting a meeting. This is mainly because all future meetings will be easier to follow and access when the time comes.
Moreover, downloading WebEx Productivity Tools allows you to schedule meetings more efficiently, so it is worth getting it.
To install the WebEx application, go to the WebEx website and click "Download" in the upper right corner. Once the download is complete, follow these steps to host a scheduled meeting:
- Open the WebEx Meeting app.
- In the dashboard, select "Start meeting".
- Select the desired video and audio settings before entering your meeting.
- When you're satisfied, click "Start Meeting" to begin.
You can also host a meeting in your "Personal Room". It is a virtual conference space on WebEx where users can hold meetings anytime. To access this feature, follow these steps:
- Open the WebEx desktop app.
- Click "Start Meeting", located on the dashboard to start a Personal Room meeting.
- The video preview will allow you to adjust your audio and video settings before the meeting.
- Once you are happy with these settings, select “Start Meeting”.
How to Host a Meeting in the WebEx Mobile App
Maybe you're on the go regularly, or maybe you just prefer to use a mobile device rather than a desktop computer. Whatever your reason, you'll be happy to know that it's possible to host a meeting on WebEx through your mobile device.
Whether you are an iPhone or Android user, the first thing you need to do is download the WebEx app to host a meeting. It is available and free to install from Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Once done, follow these steps to start hosting a meeting.
From an iOS device:
- Once downloaded, open the WebEx app on your iOS device.
- Sign in using your WebEx account details.
- Swipe left, then tap "Start Meeting."
- You will be asked for permission to access your camera and microphone. Press "OK" to confirm.
- Select "Start" to begin the video call session.
- Other people can join the meeting using the URL or number that appears in your Personal Room. This information may be emailed to participants.
- Go to "Start my video" to confirm your action.
- The meeting will then begin.
- From your home screen, open the Webex app.
- Log in to your account using your WebEx credentials.
- Swipe left, then select "Start Meeting."
- Confirm permission to use your camera and microphone by tapping "Allow."
- You can invite participants to join your meeting by emailing them your URL or session number.
- When you're ready, tap "Start My Video" to begin the meeting.
How many participants can join a WebEx meeting?
The number of participants you can add to a meeting depends on the type of account you're hosting from. For example, if you use a free WebEx account, you can host a maximum of 25 participants. However, if you host a meeting through the paid version of WebEx such as WebEx Calling, this number increases to 100 participants per meeting.
Can a WebEx meeting take place without the host present?
If the "Join before host" feature is enabled, then yes, participants will be able to start a meeting without the presence of the host. Only the host can enable this feature. However, it is recommended that this feature is rarely enabled due to unintended consequences such as misuse of meeting minutes and potential fraud.
Be the host who knows the most
With the growing popularity of video conferencing (the market is expected to reach $9 billion by 2026), it makes sense that more people understand how certain applications work. This rings especially true for business owners who are hosting their meetings online for the first time and are expected to organize everything and invite attendees.
Knowing how to successfully host a meeting in a popular application like WebEx has many benefits. Teams can communicate with each other and discuss projects, wherever they are geographically located. Additionally, knowing how to host an online meeting reduces the extra travel costs you or your employees will incur to get to a physical meeting.
Have you tried hosting a meeting from WebEx? If so, how did you find the process? Did you struggle with something? Let us know more about your experience in the comments below.