If you're one of the lucky ones to own an LG TV, you might think your screen brightness isn't as bright as it used to be. Or maybe you just bought a new model, but the screen seems too dark. Either way, a TV that isn't bright enough can be hard to watch. Low light levels decrease the viewer's depth perception and contrast, resulting in blurry or out-of-focus images.
Whether you're watching in a dark room or just want to make your picture sharper, this article will give you some tips on how to boost the brightness of your LG TV.
LG Smart TVs have a reputation for producing quality pictures and providing a user-friendly settings interface that helps you tweak just about anything you want. Most importantly, they come with several smart features that make them easier to use. For example, you can control your TV just by using your voice.
One of the best things about LG smart TVs is that they have features designed to help you save energy.
By default, your TV automatically scans for ambient light in the immediate surroundings and then adjusts the screen brightness accordingly. As the amount of ambient light increases, your TV's brightness decreases, helping you save energy.
The problem with this feature is that your TV's brightness levels will keep changing throughout the day. This can sometimes make your screen too dark and ruin your viewing experience.
On the other hand, you can easily disable your TV's energy saving mode and lock in a constant brightness level that reflects your preferences and tastes.
Here's how to do it:
- Open the Settings section of your TV.
- Click "All Settings".
- Select "Picture".
- Click on “Energy saving”. At this point, you should see a pop-up submenu on your right displaying all available power saving settings.
- Select “Disabled” then click “Close”. This will disable your TV's power saving feature and reset its brightness to a standard, constant level.
Traditional LED/LCD TV models may not have smart features, but they do have an easy-to-use settings section accessible with just a few taps on your remote.
Here's how to increase the brightness of your LG TV if it's an LED/LCD model:
- Press the Settings button on your remote. At this point, you should see a list of icons on the left side of your screen.
- Use the down arrow to scroll down and select "All Settings".
- Click on “Picture”.
- Select the "Picture Mode" option. This should open a new screen where you can adjust all of the individual image settings, including sharpness, color, contrast, and brightness.
- Move the slider next to "Brightness" to the right to increase the brightness of your TV.
In the television world, LG could be compared to Old Faithful, having provided over 50 years of quality service to millions of people around the world. The company has earned a reputation for producing high-end TV models that allow users to customize every detail, including screen brightness.
LG understands that a TV with the right brightness is pleasing to watch. A TV that is too bright will most likely hurt your eyes, while a TV that is too dark can make you tired and even cause headaches.
If you don't like your TV's current brightness level, chances are it has something to do with your settings. All you have to do is pick up your remote and adjust the brightness to your liking.
Ultimately, the perfect TV is one that you can watch without fatigue. The right brightness levels will make any program or movie more enjoyable no matter where you sit while watching TV.
Do you own an LG TV? How to adjust the brightness level of your TV?
Let us know in the comments section below.