So you've bought an Amazon Fire TV Stick and set everything up, and you're probably wondering what else you can do with it. If you've stumbled upon this article, chances are you've realized that the Amazon Fire TV Stick is somewhat limited in its functionality, albeit convenient. If you want to expand your choices for what it can do, installing the Google Play Store on the device is a great solution. However, Google has taken steps to prevent the Play Store from running indefinitely on Amazon Fire TV devices.
Google rolled out updates in 2022 that broke all functionality on Amazon Fire TV devices. Although Google and Amazon are working together to provide other features to some extent, the war will never be over. As a result, A great alternative to Fire TV in the Play Store is Aptoide, an Android-based service that offers thousands of usable Android apps.
There are many ways to customize a Firestick and adding Aptoide to your device is no different.
Be warned, Installing Aptoide on your Amazon Fire TV Stick poses security risks since you allow third-party installations. However, even the Play Store is not 100% safe these days. Here's how to install the Google Play alternative known as Aptiode on an Amazon Fire Stick.
1. Enable Developer Options in your Fire TV Stick
To start with, you need to authorize the apps you are going to download for it to work. Follow these steps to enable developer options.
- Go to " Settings " on your Amazon Fire TV Stick and press « Mon Fire TV. »
- Select “Developer options” to install files and apps from stores and locations outside of the Amazon Fire Stick software.
- Click on “Applications from unknown sources” et “ADB Debugging” to put them to " TO. »
You can now go ahead and download the necessary content to add the Google Play Store replacement known as Aptoide to your Fire Stick.
2. Install Downloader on your Fire Stick
- From the “Home” screen, click on the magnifying glass in the top right section.
- Search for "Downloader".
- Select "Downloader" from Amazon App Store's built-in search results.
- Click "Download" on the downloader's store page.
- Once installed and launched, select " To permit " to allow the app to access photos, media, and files on your Fire Stick device.
3. Install Google Account Manager on your Fire Stick
- On the Downloader app, type “ http://bit.ly/google-manager-firestick in the URL/Search area of the "Home" tab and select " Go. » This downloads Google Account Manager v5.1-1743759 for Android 5.0+ devices.
- Select "Install" once the download is complete.
- Click on “Done”. to complete the installation process.
4. Install Aptoide on your Fire TV Stick
Since Google Play Store is no longer functional on a Fire TV Stick, you can install Aptoide (as mentioned earlier) to get similar app store functionality.
- Launch Downloader from your Fire Stick library.
- In the Downloader URL/Search Term box, use the Fire TV Remote to type « https://tv.aptoide.com. » The home page appears.
- Scroll down the Aptoide page and select "Download Aptoide TV".
- Choose "Install".
- Select "Open".
- Choose "Allow" to give Aptoide access to your photos, media and files.
- Aptoide launches and it's ready to download/install apps from Aptoide Store.
5. Install Google Play Store/Aptoide apps on your Fire TV Stick
- Browse or search for apps using the previously installed Aptoide Store.
- Select the app you want to install from the list.
- Choose "Install".
- Enjoy your Google Play Store/Aptoide app on your Fire TV Stick.