If you have heard of the many benefits of using Kodi, you might be wondering how to install this unique service on your Android box.
Fortunately, the process is relatively simple. This article will give you step-by-step instructions on how to install Kodi, so you can watch thousands of movies and TV shows in no time. Plus, we'll answer some of the burning questions you might have.
Keep reading to find out more.
How to install Kodi on my Android TV box
If you want to turn your Android TV box into a Kodi streamer, turning your regular TV into a smart TV is a great way to go. In the process, you will get access to a bunch of movies, shows, songs, and other content.
There are two main ways to install Kodi on your Android TV box. You can either do this through the Google Play Store or download the app through your computer.
Before we get into the details, it's worth mentioning that Kodi can pose significant privacy risks to users who don't use a VPN (virtual private network). This is mainly caused by ISPs (Internet Service Providers), hackers and other such entities, potentially inspecting your browsing data. Additionally, some sites that you can stream content from through Kodi may use geo-content blocking.
A Kodi VPN works to divert traffic through an online private server. As a result, your activity will no longer be tracked by anyone.
We recommend ExpressVPN. As the name suggests, this VPN server is credited for its speed as well as its security. Installation is a simple process:
- Head to the ExpressVPN website and sign up.
- From the Google Play Store on your Android TV, download ExpressVPN.
- Select “Install” then “Open”.
- Next, enter your ExpressVPN credentials and log in to activate the app.
- Follow the onscreen instructions until you get to the VPN server location page.
- Choose your location, then press the “On” button.
- Your VPN will then be activated for use on your Android TV.
Installing Kodi from the Google Play Store
The Google Play Store is home to almost every app you can imagine. Accessing Kodi this way is by far the easiest method.
To install Kodi on your Android TV box via the Google Play Store, simply follow these steps:
- Using the Google Play Store on your Android TV Box, search for the Which app.
- When the app info screen appears, select "Install".
- Once the installation is complete, Kodi is ready to use.
Sideloading Kodi Installation from PC
If you don't have access to the Google Play Store or want to use a different version of Kodi for some reason, you may consider sideloading the Kodi app from your PC. Here's how:
- Head to "Settings" from your Android box.
- Click on “Security”. From "Unknown Sources", move the slider to "Enabled".
- Accept the terms that appear in the dialogue box by pressing "OK".
- Next, you will need to go to the official Kodi download page from your PC.
- Scroll down until you see "Android".
- A dialogue box will then appear asking where you want to save the file. Choose a place that you will remember.
- Connect the HDMI cable from the Android box to the PC with a USB key, then wait for your PC to recognize the connection.
- Locate the file you downloaded, then drag and drop it into your Android Box.
- Disconnect your Android TV from your PC and reconnect it to the TV.
- Once the home screen loads, navigate to the folder where you dropped the Kodi file.
- When you click on the file, Kodi will install in seconds.
What is a “fully loaded” Kodi box?
A fully loaded Kodi Box is a type of package sold by some companies that comes preloaded with a bunch of add-ons, most of which are legally questionable. Be aware that buying one could lead to legal issues.
How much does an Android box cost?
Typically, Android Box prices range from $50 to £200. The price mainly depends on features like processors, RAM specs, and overall storage. Try to avoid Android boxes that are sold too cheaply, as often these do not offer good features that give you the best experience.
How to install add-ons on Kodi?
There are two main types of add-ons available to users: official add-ons and third-party add-ons. Official add-ons can be installed through the Kodi repository. On the other hand, third-party add-ons will have to be downloaded through third-party sources. Kodi does not allow users to install third-party add-ons by default. However, by accessing a Kodi setting titled “Unknown Sources,” this can be changed.
Kodi is a great way to stream content directly from your phone or laptop to your TV. With the help of Android TV box, you will be able to watch just about anything your heart desires. What's great is that setting up this system is relatively simple.
Moreover, using a VPN with Kodi helps improve your experience by eliminating any privacy and security concerns.
Once you've set up Kodi on your Android TV box, you're free to start streaming content. Not only that, but you can also play around with various features offered to make your Kodi experience unique. For example, individual user profiles can be set up to personalize your interests and needs.
Have you tried installing Kodi on your Android TV box? If so, how did you find the process? Let us know in the comments section below.