If there's anything good to come out of 2022, it might be video conferencing. Since the year of the global shutdown, online meetings have taken the world by storm – and it's no wonder.
This handy technological feature saves many people a lot of time and money while traveling. Not only that, but video conferencing is also said to improve overall productivity and worker communication.
WebEx is an example of a video conferencing application regularly used by businesses. Users can join meetings using the desktop or mobile app, which makes it very flexible, but not knowing how to join a meeting can be a major inconvenience.
This article will guide you step by step on how to join a meeting in WebEx.
How to Join a Meeting in the iPhone WebEx App
If you're one of the billions of iPhone users around the world, you'll be happy to know that it's possible to join a WebEx meeting right from your mobile device. This is especially handy if you travel regularly but don't want to miss a business meeting.
Here's how to do it:
- Download the WebEx app from the Apple App Store.
- Once logged in, swipe left to access "My Meetings".
- Tap "Join meeting".
- You will now need to enter one of the following: meeting number, host username, or Personal Room URL. Typically, you will have received an email before this one containing this information.
- Tap "Join".
If you don't want to use the WebEx app, don't worry. You can still join a meeting. Just follow these steps:
- Open the WebEx meeting invitation email.
- Tap "Join meeting".
- You will automatically be directed to the WebEx app. However, you can instead choose to access the meeting through your browser.
- Select "Join" to enter the meeting.
- Once you're in the meeting, you can choose to show or hide your video. You can also decide if you want to mute your sound.
- Once you've adjusted your settings, tap "Join Meeting."
How to Join a Meeting in WebEx on an Android Device
You can join a WebEx meeting through your Android by downloading the app for Android. Here is what you will need to do:
- Download WebEx for your Android device from the Google Play Store (or your chosen app store).
- Using your WebEx credentials, sign in to your account.
- Swipe left to access the "My Meetings" page.
- Tap the "Join" option next to your meeting.
- You will now need to enter the meeting number, Personal Room URL, or host username to join the meeting. You can find this information in an email sent to you regarding the meeting.
If you don't want to download the app, it's possible to join a WebEx meeting through your Android browser instead.
- From your email app, open the email invitation to join the WebEx meeting.
- Tap where it says "Join Meeting".
- Choose the browser option.
- You will then be directed to WebEx in your browser.
- At this point, you will be asked to adjust your settings. Here you can choose if you want your video and audio enabled during the meeting.
- When you're ready, tap "Join meeting."
How to Join a Meeting in WebEx on a PC
One way to access a WebEx meeting on your PC is to download the application. To do this, you must head to the WebEx website and select "Download" in the upper right corner. Once the download is complete, follow these steps to join a meeting:
- Open the WebEx meeting invitation email and click "Join".
- If you haven't downloaded the app, WebEx will automatically prompt you to do so.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and enter your email address and other requested information.
- Before officially joining the meeting, you can check whether your video and audio are enabled. In any case, you will be able to see and hear everything that happens during the meeting.
- When you're happy with your settings, click "Join Meeting."
- You will be automatically directed to the meeting.
On the other hand, if you don't want to download the app, it's also possible to access WebEx directly from your web browser. To do this, here is what you will need to do:
- In the messaging app, open your WebEx invitation and select "Join".
- When the option to install the app appears, click "Join from your browser" instead. This will take you to the web browser version of WebEx.
- From here, you'll have the option to configure your audio or video settings before officially joining the meeting.
- Once that's done and you're ready, select "Join Meeting."
How do I ask a question on WebEx without enabling video or audio?
To ask a question without turning on your video and audio, you need to access the Q&A panel. If this feature is not enabled, here's how to do it:
From a Windows computer:
- In WebEx, go to "Meetings".
- Then choose “Options”, then “General”.
- Check the box next to 'Q&A'.
On a Mac:
- From your WebEx application, select “WebEx Meetings”.
- Choose “Preferences”.
- Click on “Tools”.
- Check the box next to 'Q&A'.
Once you enable this feature, you can ask questions during the meeting by selecting the Q&A panel. Here's what you need to do:
- When you click on the Q&A panel, choose a participant to ask your question.
- In the message box that appears, type your message (remember there is a 512 character limit).
- Once you've composed your message, you can choose whether you want your message to be sent publicly or privately.
Do I need a WebEx account to join a meeting?
No, a WebEx account is not required to join a meeting. However, users will need to have an email invitation to join. The email usually contains all the information needed to successfully join the meeting.
How many participants can join a WebEx meeting?
The number of participants who can join a WebEx meeting depends on the type of WebEx account used by the host, how participants decide to join, and how meetings are scheduled.
If the host has a free account, a maximum of 25 participants can join the meeting. However, if they are using a paid version of WebEx, such as WebEx Calling, up to 100 participants can attend. Additionally, if the host is using a paid Meetings account, they can host up to 200 people in a meeting.
Never miss a meeting
As more businesses and organizations embrace the need for virtual meetings, the use of reliable video conferencing apps has exploded.
If you know a thing or two about online conferencing apps, you'll know that WebEx is among the most popular options. The app offers high quality video and sound and is easily accessible from multiple devices, making it convenient for all users.
Have you tried joining a meeting in WebEx? If yes, from which device did you register? How did you find the process? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.