There are many reasons why you might want to make a board private on Pinterest. Maybe you run a Pinterest business account and want to keep some personal Pins out of sight. Or maybe you use Pinterest to save personal images that you don't want to share with the world. Whatever your reason, knowing how to make a board private on Pinterest can be very helpful. Fortunately, doing so is a relatively simple process.
This article will walk you through the steps needed to successfully make your board private on Pinterest, depending on your chosen device. Plus, we'll answer a few more questions you might have in our FAQ section, such as how to enable privacy mode.
Read on to find out more.
How to Make a Pinterest Board Private from an iPhone
If you regularly access Pinterest from your iPhone, whether for business or pleasure, you might be wondering how to make your board private. Maybe you're browsing market ideas on the bus and want to quickly create a private board to save some content. Whatever your reason, we've got you covered.
If you're wondering how to make a board private from your iPhone, just follow these steps:
- Open the Pinterest app.
- If you haven't already, log in to your Pinterest account.
- Tap your profile picture located in the lower right corner.
- From your profile, select the board you want to edit.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose “Edit Table”.
- Tap the toggle where it says "Keep this board a secret."
- Select "Done".
How to Make a Pinterest Board Private from an Android
If you are using an Android device, it is also possible to privatize your Pinterest board in just a few clicks. Just follow these steps:
- Launch the Pinterest app and sign in if prompted.
- Once logged in, access your profile by tapping your profile picture in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Go to the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner.
- Select "Edit Table".
- Tap the toggle next to where it says "Keep this board a secret."
- When done, tap "Done".
How to Make a Pinterest Board Private from PC
To keep your Pinterest inspiration board private using your PC, follow these steps:
- Head to the Pinterest website.
- Sign into your account.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click your profile picture.
- Select the pen icon located in the lower right corner of the board you want to make private.
- Scroll down and select the toggle next to where it says "Keep this board a secret".
- When you are done, click "Done".
How to Make a Pinterest Board Private from an iPad
There are great benefits to using Pinterest on an iPad. With a larger screen, you'll be able to see posts in more detail than on a smartphone. Plus, an iPad is still portable, so you can still create boards on the go. If you like scrolling through Pinterest on your iPad but don't want to share your inspiration with the world, making your boards secret is an easy process. Here is what you will need to do:
- Go to the Pinterest app and log in if you haven't already.
- Select your profile picture.
- Choose the one you want to make private from your list of boards.
- Select the three horizontal dots located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap "Edit Table".
- Activate the "on" button next to where it says "Keep This Board Secret".
- Select "Done".
Can you make a Pinterest board private after it's created?
Yes. Once you've created a Pinterest board, it's possible to make it private after you've created it. Just head into your board settings and tap or click the toggle that says "Keep this board a secret." Follow the same steps, but flip the toggle to "Off" to return it to "public."
Is there a limit to the number of secret boards I can create?
No, there is no limit to the number of Secret Boards users can create or participate in on Pinterest.
Do secret Pinterest coworkers need a Pinterest account?
Anyone you invite to collaborate on a secret board must have a Pinterest account.
Does a secret collaborator have to follow you to be added to a secret board?
No, they don't need to follow you, and you don't need to follow them. The only requirement to add someone to your secret board is to have a Pinterest account.
Confidentiality is key
When Pinterest became a “thing,” everything users shared there was public. All images you would like to upload should be carefully reviewed before posting. Fortunately, this is no longer the case with the arrival of secret tables.
Now users can easily create private boards with any image, and no one else has to see them. This feature is perfect if you're gathering ideas for a client or even sneakily planning an event and don't want anyone to find out.
The best part is that users can create private boards using any device, be it a desktop computer or a smartphone.
We hope this step-by-step guide has helped you better understand how to make your boards private on Pinterest.
Have you tried making a board private on Pinterest? If so, what device did you use? How did you find the process? Let us know in the comments below.