Instagram is the number one website for creating and sharing photos. You can create stunning images if you know how to use the available effects. Today we are going to study how to create cool photo collages on Instagram. The process is simple and straightforward and only takes a few minutes. Keep reading and learn how to create photo collage in Instagram story.
Start by creating a background for your collage
The first thing you need to do is create a background for your photo collage. Instagram Stories can help you do just that, and with a little practice, you can create exciting and unique collages. Here's what you need to do to create a background.
- Open Instagram Stories on your phone.
- Take a photo using the “Normal” shooting mode. (You cannot use videos in your collages.)
- Hit the "Brush Tool" to add color to your background.
- Tap and hold a color at the bottom to select the one you want to use.
- Press and hold your finger anywhere on the screen to fill it with your chosen color. (It is possible to change the background colors later).
- If you want a black background, you can take a photo of any surface with your phone face down.
When you're done selecting your base background, it's time to add some photos from your camera roll.
Add photos from your camera roll (iOS)
- Open Camera Roll on your iOS device.
- Tap a photo you want to preview.
- Tap the "Share Icon" button at the bottom left.
- Press "Copy" to copy the photo to your clipboard.
- The next step is to add the photos you want to use to Instagram Stories.
Add Photos to Instagram Stories
- Open Instagram stories.
- Find the sliding pop-up window at the bottom.
- Tap "Add Sticker" and paste it into the photo you added from the clipboard.
- Tap "Done".
- Edit your photo as you wish. Your options include resizing, rotating, and positioning. You can move the photo around the background and place it wherever you want.
- Repeat the process for each photo you import from your Camera Roll to your Stories.
The final touches
- Tap photos to set their front-to-back layout.
- You can change the background color you have chosen by pressing the "Brush tool". Then tap "Select a color" and hold your finger on the screen until it changes to the color you want.
- You can then add borders and hand-drawn illustrations with the Brush tool.
- You can also add stickers, emoticons and other effects to make your collage stand out.
That's basically all you need to know to create Instagram stories with multiple images. If you want to create something unique, you should consider using third-party apps with special effects.
Use third-party apps to create unique collages for Instagram story
Instagram comes with a limited number of effects that you can use to create your stories. So, if you want to create something unique, you will need the help of third-party apps that have additional effects and features. Here are some of the most popular image editing apps that you can use.
A design kit
The One Design Kit is a popular app that can help you breathe some life into your Instagram stories. You can find dozens of stickers, backgrounds, brushes, textures, colors, and other tools that you can use to make your photos stand out. Effects will make your stories colorful, and you can add your personal touch to make your collages instantly recognizable.
Publication Adobe Spark
The Adobe Spark Publishing app is among the best options for absolute beginners. The app contains several thousand templates that you can use for Instagram stories. It also offers millions of photos, fonts, filters and other useful resources.
Mojo will give you all the tools you need to create a unique Instagram story. Use animated templates to make a bigger impact and impress your subscribers and customers. You can customize them to your liking by adding effects, animations, colors, cropping, etc.
The app lets you use animated templates for videos and photos. Use your creativity to create cool Instagram stories that will engage your existing followers and attract new ones.
Make your Instagram stories irresistible
You need to put extra effort while creating Instagram stories if you want to engage your followers. Most of the stories created with Instagram look alike, so users just browse through them. But if you add extra effects to your collage with a third-party app, everyone will want to see it. With a little practice, your Stories could become a hit on Instagram.