Everyone loves sharing their favorite photos on social media, but the process can be tedious when you have to add dozens of photos from a single event. Making a photo collage can speed things up and make it easier for you to download whatever you want. You can merge multiple images into a single image to achieve a more meaningful impact.
There are many different platforms and apps that allow you to create beautiful photo collages. In this article, we'll show you how to do it with Google Photos.
Google Photos was created for a specific task of processing your photos. It lets you store, share and edit your photos the way you like them before sharing them online. The collage feature is another handy feature that will let you create beautiful photo collages in no time.
You can use Google Photos from your browser or download the app, but the results are the same. You can find out how to create collages using both platforms below.
If you want to use your browser to create a photo collage in Google Photos, here's what you need to do:
- Open Google Photos in your browser.
- Upload the photos you want to use for your collage. If your photos are already uploaded, skip to the next step.
- Select the "Create" option next to the search bar.
- When the available options appear, select "Paste".
- Select the photos you want to add to your collage. A small tick will indicate which photos have been selected.
- If you can't find some photos, you can use the "search for photos" box to find a specific image.
- When you have selected all the images, press "Create".
- Google Photos will automatically organize the photos you've selected.
- The created collage will be saved in your Google Photos.
- Open the collage to see what it looks like.
- Make changes by clicking on the "Edit" tool. You can adjust the collage color, rotation, and make other minor adjustments.
- Press the "Done" button when you're done and the changes will be saved.
You should know that you cannot change the layout of the collage you create. You cannot arrange, adjust or crop the photos, as this function is completely automatic.
You can also create collages using the Google Photos app on your mobile device. The process is similar, so you should have no trouble doing it. Here's what you need to do:
- Open the Google Photos app.
- Tap the three dots in the right corner to open the menu.
- You can now select the method you want to use to create a collage.
- Select the "Collage" option and you will be prompted to choose the photos you want to add to the collage.
- Choose the images you want to add so they have a blue checkmark.
- When you have selected all the photos, tap "Create" on the right side of the screen.
- The collage you created will be saved to your Google photos and will appear on your screen.
- Make slight changes using the "Edit" function.
- Instead of tapping on the "Paste" option, tap where it says "Select".
- Choose the photos you want to use for your collage.
- Tap the + icon located in the toolbar at the top of the app.
- A menu will appear. Select “Collage”.
- The photos you selected will be organized into a collage and automatically saved to your Google Photos.
- Edit the collage to make slight changes the same way you would with your browser.
Creating photo collages with Google Photos is almost effortless. The results look great, but it's a shame you can't make many changes, like choosing a different layout for your collage. Still, if you're looking for an app that you can use to create a photo collage in seconds, Google Photos is exactly what you need. It is one of the easiest to use photo collage maker apps.
Since you can't really make any edits while creating a collage in Google Photos, you may be able to edit the photos you want to add in another app or editing program before using Google Photos to create a collage. This will give your collage a unique look and you can come up with fun ideas. With a little practice, you should start putting together cool photo collages in no time.
Do you use Google Photos to create collages? If not, what is your favorite photo collage app? Tell us more about it in the comment section below.