Stickers are trending on all social networks. Facebook was the first to add them to the Messenger app, and the trend took off. TikTok, being the very popular platform, of course offers stickers.
Many want to know how to customize TikTok stickers. Keep reading and we'll show you how.
TikTok makes it easy to add one of the in-app stickers, but it's not that easy to add your own custom designs. If you want to add stickers you've created, you'll need to use a workaround. Luckily, we've researched these workarounds for you!
One of the best ways to customize your TikTok video is to use a third-party app like InShot. This app lets you add stickers, music, text and more to your content.
You can create the video in the TikTok app then upload it, or you can shoot it and upload it to the InShot app, add your custom stickers, then upload it to TikTok. Both work the same way.
Here is what you need to do for this workaround:
- With your video prepared, open the InShot app.
- Tap "Video" in the app and select your video.
- Select the turquoise checkmark button in the lower right corner to upload your video.
- Use the sliders to choose where you want to put the sticker.
- At the bottom, click the sticker icon.
- Click on the "+" to access your phone's memory (where your personalized sticker is saved.
- If your sticker doesn't appear, click "Recents" at the bottom and you'll see your phone's picture folders. Select the one where your custom sticker is saved and select your sticker.
- When your sticker is added, click on the "Save" option in the upper right corner. Choose your save destination.
Now that your video is saved, open TikTok and tap the "+" icon at the bottom of the screen. then click “Download”. Choose your video and follow the usual process to publish it.
We know that sounds like a lot of work, but it's an effective way to add your own custom stickers to a TikTok video. If that doesn't sound like the best method for you, keep reading. We have other options.
Recently, TikTok partnered with Giphy. Unfortunately, the partnership doesn't mean everyone can create custom stickers for TikTok. Only a number of popular TikTokers got their stickers, including Benoftheweek, Gabe, and DreaKnowbest.
This feature will surely be more accessible in the future, but for now, Giphy selects who creates their custom stickers. You can use the official Giphy website to request your brand artist or channel.
You will need to log in to Giphy's website and meet their requirements. Not to discourage you, but the odds of someone getting their TikTok stickers this way are somewhat slim.
This collaboration between Giphy and TikTok is a big deal, and it looks promising. We'll have to wait and see what comes out of this and how many new stickers come to TikTok.
Until the Giphy and TikTok cooperation expands, you can still add regular TikTok stickers to your TikTok videos. Download the latest TikTok update for Android and iOS devices because it has a major sticker update that you are going to love.
TikTok now allows you to pin your TikTok stickers to an object in your TikTok video. You just need to select where it will stay and for how long. Follow the steps to add stickers to your TikTok videos:
- Launch the TikTok app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the plus icon to start recording.
- Create a TikTok video as you usually do.
- Press next.
- Select the Stickers option. Choose one from a wide and colorful selection. You can add multiple stickers at once and remove them easily if you don't like some of them (press X next to the one you want to exclude).
- Now you can move your stickers to another place in the video and resize them if you want.
- Tap the sticker's timer button if you want to change how long it appears in your clip.
- Press Next and finally choose Publish.
We don't have the solution to create your TikTok stickers in the app because this option is still not available. TikTok might add it in the future, who knows. Until then, there is a way to create your TikTok stickers.
You can get them in different ways, print them yourself, remove them from certain products or buy them in a store. You can buy many TikTok stickers, but they can be expensive.
Or, you can get creative and pretend you're in arts and crafts class. You will need packing tape, wax paper (or parchment) and a pair of scissors. Also, you will need to get real printed stickers.
Here's how to make your TikTok stickers. Of course, before proceeding with the steps, you will need to design, draw and print your personalized sticker. After that:
- Place tape over parchment paper.
- Cut out your printed sticker, so you only have the sticker, with no white space.
- Place the sticker on top of the tape.
- Cut out more tape and place it over the sticker
- Finally, cut out your homemade sticker from the parchment paper.
Unfortunately, TikTok does not allow its users to upload custom stickers. Instead, you can upload one as a photo background. Here's how.
- Start the TikTok app.
- Tap the record button (plus icon) near the bottom of the screen.
- Make a regular TikTok video.
- Select the Effect option.
- Choose Upload your image to change the background.
- Select your sticker photo (prepare a photo of your sticker for this step).
- Your personalized sticker will be in the background of your TikTok video. Finish editing the video and post it when you're done.
Unfortunately, TikTok still does not allow users to download and use their personalized stickers. Hopefully that will change soon, so be on the lookout for new updates.
What are your favorite TikTok stickers? Let us know in the comments section below.