Amazon Prime Video needs little introduction; it is one of the most popular and versatile streaming platforms. Plus, it offers customizations that are hard to compete with.
This article explains how to enable and disable Amazon Prime Video subtitles for Firestick, Roku, smart TVs, etc. Beyond the quick guides, there's an FAQ section to help you change the look of the subtitles, and there are also troubleshooting tips in case you run into problems.
It is important to note that most Amazon Prime content has audio descriptions, alternate tracks, and different subtitles. Also, it's not uncommon for a video to offer a combination of the given extras.
How to Enable or Disable Amazon Prime Video Captions from a Firestick Device
Before reading the content, you must select the desired language.
- While watching the show of your choice, press the horizontal 3-stripe button on your Fire TV Stick remote.
- Then press the up button and select Subtitles.
- Then select Subtitles again.
- Now choose the subtitles of your choice.
Whenever you stream a video, the previously mentioned CC icon appears in the playback menu. Use your remote to navigate to the icon and select it. This action instantly turns on subtitles for that video only, and if you want to turn them off, repeat the process.
How to Enable/Disable Amazon Prime Video Subtitles from an Xbox or PlayStation Console
If you're accessing Amazon Prime Video through a game console, the steps to enable/disable subtitles are the same as described for a Fire TV Stick. But instead of using the remote, you can use the navigation buttons and toggles on the console's joystick or controller.
How to Enable/Disable Amazon Prime Video Subtitles from Roku Device
The number of features you can access depends on the device you are using. Roku doesn't support preset subtitles, but that doesn't mean you can't use them. Subtitle settings are changed from the Roku menus. Here's how.
- Take the Roku remote and press the home button.
- Then select Parameters to the left of the menu.
- Aller vers Reduced mobility.
- Then choose Subtitle mode, then choose one of three options: On, Off, Always, or In Replay.
- You can now play the video and press the button Down arrow button on your remote to bring up the information window.
- The CC icon appears on the right side of the window; select it to enable or disable subtitles.
If you're using an older Roku device, you access subtitles by pressing the button. asterisk key on your remote. But on the Roku Ultra and newer, you have to press theDown key
How to Enable/Disable Amazon Prime Video Subtitles from Android or iPhone
- Manage subtitles for Amazon Prime Video
- Launch the Prime Video app and choose the content you want to stream. While the video is playing, tap the screen to access the playback controls. Press the text bubble icon
in the upper right corner of the screen, then select Subtitles. If you want to disable them, repeat the actions and select disabled
How to Enable or Disable Amazon Prime Video Subtitles from PC or Mac
Find the video you want to watch and play it. Next, go to the reading menu and click on the text bubble in the upper right corner of the screen.
Under Subtitles, select the subtitle language and enable the feature. There is an Audio menu on the right where you can choose a different audio language, if available.
How to Enable/Disable Amazon Prime Video Subtitles from Smart TV: Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Sony, Vizio
By now, it shouldn't be hard to guess how to turn Prime Video subtitles on and off through a smart TV. Play a video, go to the playback menu and select the CC icon to toggle subtitles on and off.
What's nice is that the Prime Video app is available on all popular TV brands, plus a few you've probably never heard of before. Here's how to enable Amazon Prime Video subtitles on select smart TVs.
- Samsung TV Prime Video Subtitle Controls To enable subtitles on a Samsung smart TV, go to the deviceParameters
- . Then go toReduced mobility
- . So choose Subtitle settings and select the Legend
subtitle settings The same menu also offersSubtitle mode .
Feel free to keep this default setting. Otherwise, you could compromise the reading of the subtitles.
- LG TV Prime Video Subtitle Controls Take your LG remote and press thehome button , then select the Settings icon
- at the top right of the screen. Select the Reduced mobility tab at the bottom of the screen and choose Au ou disabled in the Subtitles menu. Now you can go to Prime Video, play the content you want to watch and press the button DC icon
Panasonic TV Prime Video Subtitle Controls If you have a newer Panasonic TV, take a look at your remote, there should be a CC button. By pressing the CC button
remote Those with older models must access the TV menu by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control. Once inside, choose Installer and hit the Okay button. Scroll through the configuration menu until you reach CC and press Okay again. To choose Au ou disabled in the CC menu and confirm by pressingOkay
- Sony TV Prime Video Subtitle Controls On the Sony remote control, press the home button and choose Parameters
- from the home menu. Then navigate to Digital configuration and confirm the selection by pressing theround button
- . To chooseConfiguring subtitles , press the round button again and choose the subtitle option you want to use. To return, press the home button twice, throwMain video
- Vizio TV Prime Video Caption Controls Again, it all starts with the push of a button on the remote. This time press themenu button
- . Use the navigation arrows to move down and select Closed captions
- from the menu. To choose Closed captions
Whichever way you look at it, Prime Video is a force to be reckoned with. To be exact, you'd be hard pressed to find another streaming service that offers subtitle presets. Combine that with an incredible selection of content and Prime Video is truly a top-notch service.
As you can see, Amazon Prime Video is easy to use, well supported, and there is no need to use hacks to use subtitles. Nevertheless, check out the answers to some of the questions you might be interested in.
Can I change the subtitle language in Prime Video?
The same pop-up window lets you change the audio playback. However, this option may not be available for all content. Also, availability depends on the streaming device you're using.
The subtitles keep coming back. What can I do?
Without a doubt, stubborn subtitles are annoying. But you should be able to find the culprit and fix the problem easily.
how to manage subtitles for amazon prime video- screenshot 15
Other than that, restart playback and the subtitles should be gone for good.
Can the text size be adjusted
Yes, you can adjust the subtitle text size in Prime Video. Go to the reading menu and select the text box icon. Below the Subtitles pop-up window, there is the Subtitle Settings option.
The layout of the Caption Settings menu may differ depending on the streaming device you are using. But you can choose subtitle styles, which effectively change the size. And, you can adjust individual features like font color, outline, background, etc.
Can the font size be changed?
You change font size the same way you change text size. Once in the Subtitle Settings menu, select Font Size and choose the one that matches your display preferences.
how to manage subtitles for amazon prime video- screenshot 16
Go to the Subtitles tab, click on the Edit option under Presets and set the font size that suits you best.
What can I do if my Prime Video subtitles are out of sync?
A quick restart of the subtitles or stream playback should fix the subtitle out of sync issue, but it's not always that simple. Some streamers use a different subtitle format and you may need to change the streaming device settings.
For secondary digital or analog caption options, you may need to choose CC2 or CC3 in the settings. This scenario usually occurs when you want to use exotic subtitles, but you need to double-check the broadcaster's requirements.