If you want to imagine the perfect decor for your future home, Pinterest is the perfect place to start. You can create endless mood boards with interior design ideas and find the right quote for every occasion. But this visual discovery engine can also become overwhelming at times.
However, after a while, some people may not like to browse countless featured images and no longer intend to use them. Luckily, you have the option to permanently delete your Pinterest account.
The process is simple and you can easily do it from almost any device. In this article, we'll walk you through the process of permanently closing your Pinterest account.
Many people prefer to browse Pinterest and pin their selections to their computers. You get a better view of items on the home feed and can manage boards with just a few clicks.
If that was your browsing method of choice, that's probably how you'd want to delete the account. Follow these steps to permanently close the Pinterest account:
- Go to Pinterest using your browser and log in to your account.
- Click the down arrow next to your profile picture in the top right corner of the browser.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Settings" under "More options".
- Now click on “Account Settings” from the list of options on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the “Delete Account” option.
- A window will appear, asking you the reason for your decision. Choose the option that applies to you, then click "Send Email".
- You will receive an email from Pinterest confirming your choice to delete your account. In the message, click the "Yes, delete account" button.
This action will immediately delete your Pinterest account, along with the data associated with the account.
If you are an iPhone user and tired of Pinterest, you can always uninstall the app. However, if you have other reasons and want to delete the account completely, here is how you can do it using your iPhone:
- Launch the Pinterest app on your iPhone and log in to your account.
- Tap your profile picture in the panel at the bottom of the screen.
- Now tap on the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- A panel will appear at the bottom. Tap “Settings” then “Account Settings”.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click "Delete Account".
- An on-screen message will appear explaining that you are about to lose your account and all data. If you want to continue, Pinterest will email you. Press the "Continue" button.
- Check your inbox and select the "Yes, delete account" button in the email to confirm your decision.
Keep in mind that the email may go to the spam folder, so if you don't see it, check other locations as well.
Pinterest has made sure that its mobile app works the same no matter what device you're using. Therefore, Android users who want to delete their Pinterest account on a phone or tablet should follow the same steps as iPhone users. Here's how it works:
- Open the Pinterest app on your Android device and log in with your credentials.
- Tap your profile picture. It is located at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, tap the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select "Settings" from the pop-up panel, then choose "Account Settings."
- Scroll down and select "Delete Account".
- Pinterest will notify you that you will receive a confirmation email regarding account deletion. Press "Continue".
- When you open the email from Pinterest in your inbox, be sure to click the red "Yes, delete account" button to continue.
If you're having trouble finding the email from Pinterest, it might have been misplaced in a different folder. You can search by typing in the subject line that says “Last security check to delete your account” and speed up the process.
Some people would prefer to permanently delete their Pinterest account directly from an iPad. Fortunately, the process is identical to what iPhone and Android users have to do, but they benefit from a larger screen. Here is how to quickly delete Pinterest account from iPad:
- Open your Pinterest app on iPad and use your login credentials.
- Tap your profile (one of the four buttons on the panel at the bottom of the screen.)
- Next, tap the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner.
- Select "Settings" from a pop-up menu, then choose "Account Settings."
- The “Delete Account” option is at the very bottom of the screen. Once you tap on it, you will see a new post from Pinterest.
- To continue the process, they will send you an email to confirm this decision. Press "Continue".
- The email will automatically land in your inbox. Once you open it, make sure to press the "Yes, delete account" button.
Only after the confirmation email is resent to Pinterest will your account be deleted.
The answer is yes, you can. Pinterest offers users the ability to take a break from Pinterest without permanently closing their account.
Essentially, this action ensures that no one can see your pins and profile. You also lose all links to YouTube, Etsy, Instagram and any other related platforms.
Ideally, the option "Deactivate account" is just above "Delete account", regardless of the device.
Pinterest will ask you to leave a reason why you're deactivating your account, and that's it. You can go back and activate your account at any time by simply logging in with your information.
Once it's permanently deleted, there's nothing you can do to restore your Pinterest account. However, once you have followed all the steps to delete your account, you still have 14 days to change your mind.
The email you received from Pinterest confirming that you want to delete the account clearly states this. You can, at any time during these two weeks, log in again with your information. If you do, Pinterest will send you a reactivation email and you can start using the account as before.
If you've been using Pinterest for a while, you probably have plenty of pins that serve as your inspiration. However, if you've been spending too much time imagining a "perfect Pinterest" life, it might be time to take a break.
If you're sure you no longer need your Pinterest account, delete it permanently. Keep in mind that you will have two weeks to change your mind.
On the other hand, if all you need is a break and you're sure to come back looking for home decor and cute animal pictures, deactivating the account for a while is a solution. more simple. Either way, the process is quick and easy.
Do you use Pinterest? Have you ever considered deleting it permanently? Let us know in the comments section below.