Instagram, the most popular photo-sharing platform in the world, continues to amaze users with innovative features. And one of the newer additions to the things you can do on Instagram is pinning comments on posts, lives, reels, and stories.
If you're looking for instructions on how to pin a comment on Instagram, you've come to the right page. This article provides a step-by-step guide to pin comments on Instagram Live, Reel, and Story.
How to Pin a Comment on Instagram Live
Recent Instagram updates allow users to pin comments on their Instagram Live posts. This is a great way to publicize the purpose of the video, as not all subscribers can join the live video from the start. If someone joins late, they'll see what you're talking about.
Follow the instructions below to pin a comment to your Live with an Android device.
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Sign into your account.
- Select your profile picture at the top left of the screen.
- Start a live video by pressing the “Live” button.
- Tap a comment you want to pin or add a new comment and tap it.
- Tap the “Pin a comment” option.
That's it! You have now pinned comments on your Instagram Live video. The pinned comment will be located at the bottom of the comments list. You can remove the pinned comment by tapping the comment and selecting "Unpin Comment".
Note that Instagram only allows certain users to pin others' comments and not their own for live sessions.
Here's how to pin a comment on Instagram Live on iPhone:
- Launch Instagram on your iPhone and log into your account.
- Tap your profile picture in the top left of the screen.
- Press the "Live" button to start a new live session.
- Swipe left on a comment you want to pin. Otherwise, add your own comment and swipe left.
- Tap "Pin a comment".
You have now successfully pinned comments to your Instagram Live video. If you wish, you can remove the comment by swiping to the right of the comment and selecting "Unpin Comment".
Note that depending on your region, you may not be able to pin your own commentary to your live video. You may only be allowed to pin that of your followers.
How to Pin a Comment on an Instagram Story
Instagram Story is a great way to engage with your followers. In addition to sharing interesting content, you can pin your comment (or that of your followers) to make your story more informative.
Follow the steps below to pin a comment on Instagram Story:
- Open the Instagram app on your Android device and log in to your account.
- Select the comment from your Instagram story that you want to pin.
- Long press it and wait for the blue bar to appear.
- Tap the pin icon.
The comment will now be pinned to your Story. If you don't see an option to pin a comment to your story, you can add a text sticker by tapping the "Aa" icon and write whatever information you want to include with the story.
iPhone users can pin comments to their stories by following the steps below.
- Launch the Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Sign into your account.
- Locate your Story at the top left of the screen or add a new one.
- Choose the comment you want to pin and swipe left.
- You will see three icons appear. Select the pin icon to pin the comment to your story.
Depending on the region, some iPhone users don't have the option to pin comments to their stories. If this is your case, continue adding text using the "Aa" text icon.
How to Pin a Comment on an Instagram Reel
The Instagram Reel is a great tool to engage with your followers or boost your affiliate marketing campaign. Whatever your reason for using Reels, pinning comments to your video is a great way to make your videos more informative. Unfortunately, not all users have the ability to pin comments on Reels, but it wouldn't hurt to try.
Here's how to do it on an Android device.
- Open the Instagram app on your Android device.
- Log into your Instagram account.
- Create an Instagram reel like you usually do.
- Write a comment or select an existing one.
- Tap the comment you want to pin.
- Tap the pin icon.
The comment will now be pinned to your Instagram reel. If you don't see the option to pin a comment on Instagram reels, you can click the text icon in the top right while creating a reel and pin a text sticker to the reel.
- Open Instagram on your iPhone and log into your account.
- Create a reel and write a comment on it or find your follower's comment.
- Swipe left and select "Pin comment."
If you don't see the option to pin a comment to reels, you can add text by tapping the "Aa" text icon in the top right of your reel.
Easily pin comments on Instagram
Instagram continues to bring users great new features that make streaming content better. Whether you're live streaming or sharing a video on Instagram Reel or Story, you might want to pin a comment to your content to make it more informative.
This article shares the simple steps to pin comments to multiple places on Instagram, so you never have to worry about getting the information to stand out.
What types of comments do you typically pin to your stories? Do you prefer to pin your comments or those of your followers? Let us know.