If you already use one of Amazon's popular services (Alexa, Kindle, etc.), you might want to round out the experience by including Amazon Music. The app provides access to millions of songs to listen to for days. But how do you play Amazon Music on your particular device?
This article will serve as a guide to play Amazon Music on a multitude of devices and platforms.
How to Play Amazon Music
There are many options for activating an Amazon Music app. Whether you are an Android or iOS user, or want to listen to music from a smart TV, Amazon Music has you covered. Read on and find out how to enable Amazon Music on almost every platform imaginable.
How to Play Amazon Music Offline
You can listen to Amazon music offline on Android, iPhone or iPad. Here's how:
- Open the app and tap on "My Music".
- Tap the three dots next to any song, album, or artist.
- Choose "Download" to download your music and listen to it offline. This way you will add it to the download queue.
- There will be a checkmark next to all downloaded songs. Tap an offline song and start listening to it.
How to Play Amazon Music Playlists on Alexa
Here's what you need to do to play Amazon Music on Alexa:
- Open the Amazon Music app and tap the Settings cog in the top right corner.
- Tap "Connect to device"
- Select the Alexa device you want to play music on.
- Tap the playlist you want to play or ask Alexa to play it for you.
How to Play Amazon Music on Google Home
Google Home also lets you play Amazon Music:
- Open the Amazon Music app.
- Tap the Cast icon, represented by a TV with Wi-Fi inside.
- Select your Google Home speaker from the list of devices. Make sure your phone and Google Home are using the same Wi-Fi network.
- Select a song and it should start playing from the Google Home speaker.
How to Play Amazon Music on Sonos
You can play Amazon Music on Sonos in two ways: using Android or iOS, or using a PC or Mac:
Playing Amazon Music on Sonos with Android or iOS:
- Launch Sonos and go to "Settings".
- Select “Services and voice”.
- Choose the service you want to add. In this case, select “Amazon Music”.
- Tap "Add to Sonos" and follow the rest of the on-screen instructions to add Amazon Music.
Play Amazon Music on PC or Mac
- Launch Sonos.
- Choose "Add music services" in the "Select a music source" tab.
- Select "Amazon Music" and follow the instructions to add the service to your Sonos.
How to Play Amazon Music on Multiple Devices
Enabling Amazon Music on multiple devices only takes seconds:
- Open Alexa.
- Go to “Devices”.
- Tap the '+' symbol, followed by 'Combine speakers'.
- Choose “Multi-Room Music”.
- Follow the rest of the instructions to complete the setup.
How to Play Amazon Music on an iPhone
As mentioned earlier, Amazon Music works on various platforms including iOS. Here's how to play music on your iPhone:
- Open the app and go to the menu located in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Select "Your Library".
- Choose your content by genre, song, album, artist or playlist.
- If you want to create additional playlists, click on the "Create a new playlist" button in the "Playlists" tab. Choose the name of your playlist, tap the "+" symbol next to an album or song to add music. Tap "Done" when you're done.
- Press "Play" to start listening to your music.
How to Play Amazon Music on an iPad
Since your iPad has the same interface as your iPhone, you can play Amazon Music by following the method we just described. Refer to the previous section for all the details.
How to Play Amazon Music on Android Device
Listening to Amazon Music on Android works slightly differently:
- Open the app and sign in to your account if you haven't already.
- By default, you'll see all available playlists, albums, and songs in the Prime Music view. To play any of them, you will need to add them to your library. To do this, download the desired song, album or artist by long-pressing on it and choosing "Download".
- Go to "Your Library" and start playing the downloaded song(s).
How to Play Amazon Music on Smart TV
To listen to Amazon Music on your TV, you will need to add it from the TV app list. Here's how to do it on a Samsung Smart TV:
- Start the TV and press the "Hub" button on the remote control to access the applications.
- Choose "Samsung App" and press "Enter" on your remote.
- Go to the "Most Popular" category and locate "Amazon Music".
- Tap the "Download" symbol and you're ready to go.
How to Play Amazon Music on Samsung Watch
Accessing Amazon Music on a Samsung watch will require installing a third-party program that converts Amazon Music to AAC or MP3. In this case, it requires the use of software called TunesKit Audio Capture. Here's how to do it:
- Open TunesKit on your PC and add Amazon Music from your desktop application by dragging and dropping it to the interface.
- Tap the Format icon and choose AAC or MP3 as the output format.
- Return to TunesKit and open the Amazon Music app. Sign in to your Amazon Music account and play an album or playlist. TunesKit will capture the currently playing songs and convert them to the selected format.
- Press the stop button when you're done and save the music to the computer.
Then you can start syncing Amazon Music with your Galaxy Watch:
- Transfer the converted music from your computer to your phone.
- Launch the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Go to the Home section and choose "Add content to your watch", followed by "Add tracks".
- Select the converted Amazon music and hit "Done" when done.
- Start the Music app on the watch and play your music.
How to Play Amazon Music on Roku Device
Roku is another platform that lets you use Amazon Music. You will just need to install it on the device:
- Choose "Streaming Channels" on your Roku, followed by "Search for Channels" and search for "Amazon Music."
- Use a phone or computer to access amazon.com/code and sign in to your account.
- Enter the code displayed in your Amazon Music Roku app.
- The app will automatically refresh your library and recommendations once your code is approved.
How to Play Amazon Music on an Apple TV
If your Apple TV is running tvOS 12.0 or later, here's how to get Amazon Music:
- Say "Amazon Music" into your Siri Remote or search for the app in the Apps menu of the Apple TV Store.
- The app will display a six-letter code.
- Go to amazon.com/code on your computer or mobile phone and log in to your account.
- Enter the six-letter code you get, and that's it.
How to Play Amazon Music on a FireStick
Playing Amazon Music on your Fire Stick does not come with any additional setup. This is because the app is integrated with a Fire Stick. All you have to do is launch it from your "apps and channels" and any previously purchased music from Amazon will be there.
How can I play my Amazon Music on iTunes?
Running Amazon Music on iTunes is quite simple:
• Launch iTunes on your PC and choose “Music” in the interface.
• Press “File”, then “Add file to library”.
• Find the location where you downloaded Amazon Music and select the songs you want from your iTunes.
• Select “Open” and start playing the music.
Why is my Amazon Music not working?
There are several solutions you can try if your Amazon Music is not playing:
• Make sure your device is using a mobile or Wi-Fi network.
• If the device is not connected to a mobile network, make sure your Amazon Music settings allow the use of the cellular network.
• Force quit Amazon Music and reopen it.
Can you listen to Amazon Music in your car?
You can set up Amazon Music in your car using several methods. Perhaps the easiest is to use Bluetooth:
• Activate Bluetooth on the car radio and the telephone.
• Find the list of available Bluetooth devices on your phone.
• Open Amazon Music on the phone and start listening to it on the car system.
Don't miss your favorite tracks
Now that we have explained how to play Amazon Music, all you have to do is choose. Decide on which device you want to activate the app and enjoy countless hours of wonderful music.