As one of the most difficult MMORPGs, Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) is best played with a team of friends. But it's also the most fun when played with friends.
What's nice is that the game allows you to easily add your friends, no matter what device you use to access the game. PC or console, you are always only a few clicks away from creating a team to win epic adventures.
This article lists the steps to follow. It also provides some tips on how to take full advantage of the game's multiplayer mode.
Elder Scrolls Online How to Play with Friends on PC
Before adding your friends to the game, you must use the same Megaserver. It doesn't matter if it's EU or NA, as long as you're on the same. Then do the following:
- Start the game and press "O" to access contacts.
- Press "E" to start adding names. You can use character name or user ID. If you're using an ID, start with @, followed by the ID — for example, @eldersmaster.
- Send the request by pressing "F".
- Once your friend confirms the request, you are good to go.
How to play elder scrolls online With Friends on PS4?
Playing ESO is just as enjoyable on consoles, and here's how to add friends via PS4. But keep in mind that you also need to be on the same server.
- Go to the "Party" option, then select the "Guild" menu in-game.
- Choose "Add a friend".
- Use PlayStation Network Friends and send the request to someone.
It is also possible to add friends from the radial menu. Here's what to do:
- Approach a character and press the "Options" button.
- Navigate the menu using the left stick.
- When you get to "Add as friend", select the option and confirm it.
How to play elder scrolls online With friends on an Xbox
To do the quests for Veteran Dungeons and 12 Player Trials, you need the help of your friends. If you want to add friends on Xbox, the steps are the same as for PS4. But it won't hurt to cover them again.
- Launch the game and choose “Group” then the “Guild” menu.
- Select "Add Friend" to see the Xbox One friends list displayed.
- Choose the friend from the list and send an invitation.
- Approach a character in gameplay, then hold "Options".
- Use the left navigation button to scroll through the menu.
- Select "Add as friend", then confirm the action.
When adding friends via console, they must also be on the same Megaserver as you. Otherwise, you won't be able to see your friends on the list.
Elder Scrolls Online - Multiplayer Key Info & Tips
Depending on your skill level and experience in the game, you might not choose to add friends.
There are certain advantages to going it alone in ESO. For example, if you're new to Elder Scrolls, you might want to navigate the game solo. This gives you plenty of time to figure it out without slowing down your team. However, quests like Wrothgar are best played with one or two friends.
Also note that Elder Scrolls Online does not allow you to consult other players. Yes, it's unique in that regard, and there's no way to hide players.
It may happen that you cannot find your friend in the game even when you are on the same Megaserver. If so, do the following:
- Make sure you and your friend are grouped together.
- Go to the social list, then select the group.
- Choose the friend's username and travel to that person.
- The game takes you to the nearest Wayshrine, where your friend should appear on the list.
Do the quests
In Elder Scrolls Online, it is essential to do all quests. Or at least try not to skip too many.
The game is not like Skyrim, where you can roam around the virtual world and take on challenges up to your level. And it's the same with local quests.
Leaving a quest or area means you will spend gold or waste time to return.
Elder Scrolls Online is one of the most difficult MMORPGs where many new players are wiped out in the tutorial. You need to level up and collect awesome gear to continue the gameplay. It is therefore essential to do the quests that correspond to your level before continuing.
Don't wait to improve your abilities
After upgrading, you should immediately improve your abilities. The same applies to your friends.
The next quest you will face could be quite difficult. You may not be able to complete it without the upgrades.
Follow the script
Naturally, you might not want to listen to a whole quest dialogue. But prepare to be punished for it.
For example, a character that appears in early quests will ask you to name something. If you can't remember the name, the character will refuse to help you. You will still be able to complete the quest. However, it will be much easier with a little help.
Not only that, but some quests are fascinating when you have the patience to enjoy all the dialogue and the narrative. You don't always need to increase your power level throughout the game.
Don't Think You Can Fight Your Way Through An Archer Quest
When playing solo, hiding in the shadows and shooting enemies can work really well. However, in multiplayer mode, archery is not as effective. The arrow's range is short and when you hit the target you are exposed and therefore more vulnerable.
That being said, the archery strategy can work well for some teams. This might deal enough damage before the enemy charges you with their weapon. Even so, there are far better ways to move around in the game.
Therefore, it is advisable to exchange the bow for magic, a sword, an ax or something else.
Some estimates state that it takes over 200 hours to complete all quests in Elder Scrolls Online. However, you can do it much faster with a few friends by your side. And teaming up will definitely help you level up faster.
Do you prefer playing ESO solo or playing with friends? Tell us about it in the comments section below.