Most people use Discord to communicate with each other while playing their favorite video games. Every time you add music to your Discord voice chats, you make the experience that much more immersive and entertaining. But how, exactly, can you play songs while chatting with friends in Discord?
In this article, we'll show you two easy ways to play songs while using Discord.
How to Play Music in Discord
There are only two methods to play music in Discord.
- Use a bot and connect your account to Spotify.
- Play music using a microphone.
How to Add a Music Bot to Discord
Adding a music bot to Discord usually goes like this:
- Create a server in your Discord with the “+” symbol.
- Name the server and your region.
- Go to a bot's website and click on the "Invite" ou " Add " button.
- Log in to your Discord account.
- Select a server for your music bot, pass the verification, and that's it.
How to Play Music in a Discord Call
To include music in your Discord calls, you can set up a bot called Groovy. Here's how it works:
- Go to the Groovy.bot site, and hit the purple “Add to Discord” button.
- Select a server, press " To allow, " and check the " I am not a robot " box.
- Join a voice channel and tell Groovy what song you want the bot to play with the " -player " order. For example, you can say, -Joue Despacito by Luis Fonsi. »
How to Play Music in Discord Through a Microphone
Playing music in Discord through a mic works the same as through a call. You can also use Groovy and the "-play" command. But first, you'll need to change some microphone settings on your PC:
- Go to your " Control Panel. »
- Aller vers " Hardware and sound ", followed by “Manage audio devices”.
- Access " Registration " option.
- Enable "Stereo Mix" and set it to the “mic by default. »
You can now join a voice chat and start playing music using Groovy.
How to Play Music in Discord on Android
If you're using an Android device, you can select a Discord bot from the discordbots.org website. Once you're there, here's what you need to do next:
- Hit it " Music " tab to see the list of available music bots. Some of the more popular options are Otherwise, MedalBot, and Astolfo.
- press " See " to learn more about a specific bot and press the "Invite" on the bot you want to add.
- Log in to your Discord account. This will redirect you to the bot's website, where you need to select a server where you want to play music.
- Tap " To allow " and " I am not a robot " box, which installs the bot on your Discord account.
- Open Discord and head to the « Menu. »
- In the list of servers, choose the one where you added the bot.
- Join a voice channel and enter the command that tells the bot to play the music. You can find the commands on the bot's website.
How to Play Music in Discord on iPhone
le The MEE6 bot is a great choice to listen to music in Discord on your iPhone. To configure it, follow these steps:
- Go to MEE6's website and log into your Discord account
- Allow the bot to enter your account.
- Choose the server you want to add the bot to
- Tap "Plugins" and press " Music. » If this feature was previously disabled, press " To add. »
- Launch Discord and join a voice channel.
- Taper " !to look for " and enter the song or artist. The bot will list the results.
- Enter the song number and add it to your playlist.
- Taper " !player " to start listening to music.
How to Play Music on Discord Channel
FredBoat is another bot that lets you play music in Discord. This bot is the way you can use the bot:
- Navigate to the Discord Login link. If you are not already logged into your account, it will redirect you to the login screen.
- Allow the bot to access your account and pass the captcha verification to add the bot to your discord account.
- Select a server the bot will use and join a Discord channel.
How to Play Music in Discord Using Rhythm Bot
Rhythm is one of the best-known music bots for Discord. Here's how to get the bot and play music with it:
- Head to the Rhythm website and press the “Add to Discord” button on your right.
- Log in to your Discord account and choose the server where you want to add the bot.
- Hit it " To allow " button near the bottom of the pop-up window. Check the " I am not a robot " box, and the bot will be added to the server.
- Open Discord and select the server where the Rythm bot is installed.
- Join a voice channel.
- Taper " !player, " followed by a space and the artist or song you want to listen to. To hit " Enter " and the bot will search for the artist or song on YouTube and play it.
How to Find the Right Discord Music Bot
We have named a few Discord bots in this article, including Rhythm, Groovy and FredBoat. Considering the following features when choosing the right Discord music bot should be a lot easier:
Rythm is one of the most reliable bots you can find. It supports a variety of music sources, such as Twitch, YouTube, and SoundCloud. Additionally, the bot is 100% stable, which means you won't experience any lag in your music.
The most important advantage of Groovy is that it is easy to use. It also supports various customization options, such as lyrics display and shuffle. All in all, this is an outstanding addition to your Discord server.
FredBoat is very similar to Groovy. The bot is simple and has many cool features. For example, FredBoat lets you track who edits playlists.
How to Play Music in Discord Without a Bot
The only way to play music in Discord without a bot is to connect it to Spotify:
- Launch Discord and go to your “User Settings. »
- To choose "Connections" and locate the Spotify icon under the "Connect your accounts" tongue.
- Click the icon and you will be redirected to the Spotify login page.
- Enter your Spotify credentials and accept the terms of service by pressing the button "Accept" button at the bottom of the page.
- Once the process is complete, a notification should say “Connected your Spotify account to Discord. »
- Head to Discord and scroll down to verify the connection.
Now you can start listening to your favorite songs and artists on Discord.
As you can see, setting up music on Discord only takes a few clicks. Connect your Spotify account or see which bot works best, and all your tracks will be in your Discord sessions in no time.
Additional Discord Music FAQs
Here are the answers to other frequently asked questions about Discord music.
What is the best music bot for Discord?
There are many Discord bots to choose from, but Rhythm may be the superior bot. As mentioned earlier, it lets you play music from a variety of sources, and there's no risk of lag. Moreover, the bot is continuously updated, which means that your service is always at the highest level possible.
Can I play Pandora on Discord?
Unfortunately, Discord does not support Pandora. As of this writing, there is also no Discord bot for this to work.
But, all hope is not lost. With millions of Pandora users, it's incredibly inconvenient to end up with only Spotify compatibility. Sometimes the only option is to submit a feature request to Discord. You can send comments to Discord and make feature requests. Specifically, there are already a plethora of Pandora-related requests here.
Visit this page and vote for existing Pandora applications.
Are there bots that can play music in a private or group call?
Unfortunately no. Many users have requested the option, but there are no bots available to play music in groups or in private calls. The only solution to this problem is to create a private server and invite the member(s) to that server to play music by following the instructions above.