The recently upgraded Oculus Quest 2 VR headset would appear to present the perfect VR scenario for playing your favorite Roblox titles. Unfortunately, Roblox is not available as an Oculus Quest or Quest 2 game. But don't worry. You can still play your favorite Roblox titles on your Oculus Quest 2 headset with a workaround.
How to Play Roblox on an Oculus Quest 2
Currently, Quest 2 does not have Roblox on its internal games list, so you cannot enjoy your Roblox classics using the headset. To do this, you need a PC fast enough to support VR technology. The process involves connecting your PC to the Quest using a high-quality USB cable explicitly designed for this purpose. Your number one choice should be the Oculus Link Cable, but there are also third-party options that let you run Roblox on Quest without issue.
But what if you don't have cable? The good thing is that there is an app that allows Quest 2 to remotely access your PC, paving the way for a wireless VR experience. But first, let's see how the jumper cable method works.
Method 1: Run Roblox on Quest 2 using a link cable
- First, you need to download and install the Oculus app on your PC. The app is readily available on the official Oculus website. At the same time, turn on your Oculus headset.
- After successfully installing the app, open it and select "Devices" from the navigation menu on the left side of your screen.
- Then click on "Add a headset". Headset options currently available include Rift, Rift S, Quest, and Quest 2.
- Select Quest 2, then click "Continue" to confirm that you want to connect your headset.
- Click "Continue" to confirm that you want to verify your cable connection.
- Close the configuration window.
- Now put on your Oculus headset. You should see a prompt asking if you want to activate the Oculus link. Click "Activate" to confirm. There will also be a data access prompt on your computer screen, but you can ignore it as it does not affect the process.
- Select "Settings" from the Oculus app navigation menu.
- Select “General”.
- At this point, you need to enable the connection to "Unknown Sources". It's as simple as toggling the button next to this option.
- You can test if the connection is successful. To do this, search for a Roblox title, click the play button, then put on your headphones. You should be good to go.
Here's how to play your Roblox classics on Oculus Quest 2 using your PC and a link cable:
Once you have successfully connected your PC to the Quest 2 headset, you should be able to play any Roblox game on your headset. For worlds that do not support VR, you will play in a virtual desktop on your headset. But for all VR-enabled worlds, you'll see an "Enable VR" option in the game settings.
If a world supports VR but you can't enable VR mode despite linking your PC to your headset, you may be using an outdated version of Roblox. To find out if this is the problem, you need to uninstall Roblox and then install the latest version available from the Roblox website. If possible, you should install the application as an administrator on your computer.
Method 2: Run Roblox on Quest 2 using Wireless Desktop App
One of the advantages of Oculus Quest 2 over other VR headsets on the market is that it offers a wireless experience. For this reason, some players consider running Roblox on Quest 2 using a link cable as an unnecessary fuss. Luckily, there's an app that can help you enjoy Roblox on your Oculus Quest 2 headset without the need for cables: Virtual Desktop. With the app, you can remotely access your PC while your Oculus headset is on.
Here's how to use the Virtual Desktop app:
- Download and install the Virtual Desktop app on your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
- After that, you need to download and install the Virtual Desktop PC application.
- Next, enter your username to connect your devices. You will then be able to access VR-enabled games on your headset through the Visual Desktop menu.
This approach has a downside because your wireless experience will largely depend on the strength of your internet connection. If you are unable to launch the game while you have a stable network, you should try restarting your devices.
Take your Roblox experience to a whole new level
With over 20 million games produced on Roblox every year, Roblox should be in every gamer's library. And with Oculus Quest 2 headsets and a few tweaks, you can enjoy your favorite versions of Roblox in VR and take your gaming experience to a whole new level. Hopefully Roblox will eventually be included in Oculus Quest 2. But until then, these workarounds should come in handy.
Do you like Roblox in VR? What are some of your favorite games? Let's engage in the comments section below.