Apple device owners often prefer to FaceTime their contacts over calling them because it's more personal than a voice call, and it's so easy. Also, some Apple users need to record video during their FaceTime calls for work or personal reasons. The following helpful guide will show you how to do just that, regardless of your reasons for recording.
iOS 11 was the first version of the operating system that allowed users to record the video of their FaceTime calls, although it did not allow users to record the audio portion. Keep in mind, however; FaceTime recording can be initiated without the knowledge of the other party, so always keep that in mind when making a FaceTime call. The last thing you want is to end up infamous on YouTube because of a careless FaceTime call. If you are curious about the notification when someone is recording a FaceTime call, read this: Does FaceTime notify the other person if you are recording a screen?
A few apps are available to help you record a FaceTime video call with audio. Most are available on the App Store. Many of these apps can also help you record your Facebook video calls on your Mac in addition to your iOS devices.
You can record a FaceTime call on iPhone or iPad without audio from iOS.
To use the built-in screen recorder, follow these instructions:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your phone screen to access Control Center
- Then look for the screen recording icon, which looks like a pair of white circles with the center one filled in
- Tap the screen recording icon
- Then you have three seconds until it starts recording
After three seconds, the screen will then be recorded whatever you do on your phone, but it does not record audio.
If you don't see the screen recording icon in Control Center, you may need to enable screen recording:
- Open Settings and Control Center
- Scroll down to Screen Recording and select the green Add icon
Once done, repeat the above steps to start screen recording.
If you need audio as well as video, apps like Record It!, DU Recorder, Web Recorder, and others will do the job.
Most people will use their iPhone for FaceTime, but you can also do it on your Mac computer. The easiest way to record FaceTime is through QuickTime. It is already installed in macOS and does the job.
- Open QuickTime from the launcher or from Applications.
- Select deposit et New screen recording.
- Select the small down arrow labeled options next to the record button in QuickTime.
- Select Micro MacBook.
- Go to deposit heading and choose Quick Time Player.
- Open FaceTime to set up your call.
- Select QuickTime to record the whole screen or drag and drop to record only part of it.
- Hit it Save button when you are ready.
- Select the stop recording icon when finished.
QuickTime is the native screen recorder for Mac and will disappear once you start recording. You can choose to record mouse clicks and commands if you're creating tutorial videos, or just highlight your FaceTime window. It records both audio and video once you set up the microphone, so it offers more inherent functionality than iPhone and iPad. While QuickTime is pretty good at recording your screen, there are other apps that can do better.
Apps like Screen Stream, Snagit, and Camtasia will all do the job. They're not free but offer a lot more features than QuickTime, so if you do it regularly and want some extra editing features, they might be worth checking out.
As mentioned above, it is very important to inform the other party if you plan to register. It is also important to understand that you can also be registered at any time. Many countries and even local municipalities have specific laws regarding recording without consent, so make sure you know the laws that govern your behavior when choosing to record a FaceTime call. As long as you obey the law, you shouldn't have any problems.
Here's how to record a FaceTime call. Do you know any other apps or methods to achieve the same goal of recording FaceTime audio and video calls? If so, tell us about these other methods below in the comments!