Google Play, or more formally the Google Play Store, offers thousands of free apps. In addition to these, you also have the option of purchasing apps. If you received a gift code or have a promotional code and want to use it for an app to sell, you might not realize that there are many ways to use it.
In this article, we are going to tell you how to redeem a code in Google Play. Along with that, we'll show you how to view your Google Play balance and where you can buy a gift card.
The steps to redeem a code in Google Play vary depending on what you use and when. We will clear up the confusion and explain different ways to do this.
How to Redeem a Gift Card, Gift Code, or Promo Code in Google Play
We'll show you how to redeem a gift card, gift code, or promo code and add it to your balance on your phone and computer.
How to Redeem a Gift Card, Gift Code, or Promo Code in Google Play on a Mobile Device
If you're swapping them using your cell phone, here's what you need to do:
- Open Google Play.
- Tap your profile picture.
- Tap "Payments & Subscriptions".
- Select "Use Gift Code".
- Enter the gift card or promotional code in the field and press "Redeem". The amount will be added to your balance.
How to Redeem a Gift Card, Gift Code, or Promo Code in Google Play on PC
Computer users can redeem gift cards, codes, and promo codes by following these instructions:
- Open your browser and navigate to Google Play.
- Select "Exchange" from the left menu.
- Enter the gift card or promotional code and select "Redeem". Your Google Play balance will be increased by this amount.
How do I redeem a Google Play Gift Email?
Google Play gifts can also be sent by email. If you received one, here's how to redeem it with your mobile phone or computer:
- Open your email inbox.
- Find the email in question containing the Google Play giveaway.
- Tap "Redeem Gift".
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the process.
If you deleted the email by accident, you can always message the person who bought it for you and ask them to resend it to you.
How do I redeem a Google Play code when making a purchase?
Another way to redeem a Google Play code is while making a purchase. Here are the steps:
- Start the payment process for the content you want to buy.
- Once you get to the payment method, tap the down arrow and select "Redeem".
- Enter the code and complete the process by following the on-screen instructions. Google Play will accept your code and subtract the amount from the total amount of content you purchase.
How to Redeem a Movie Code on Google Play
Google Play Movies & Series is an on-demand service that lets you rent or buy movies. If you received a Google Play code, you can use it to pay for the entire movie you want to watch or cover part of the cost. The steps vary slightly depending on whether you're using your phone or computer, so we've split them into two sections.
How to Redeem a Movie Code on Google Play on a Mobile Device
Follow these steps to redeem a movie code on Google Play if you're using your mobile phone:
- Open the Google Play app.
- Tap "Movies & TV" at the bottom.
- Choose the content you want to rent/purchase.
- Select "Redeem Code".
- Enter your code and select "Redeem".
How to Redeem a Movie Code on Google Play on PC
If you're using a computer and want to redeem a movie code, here's what you need to do:
- Open your browser and navigate to Google Play.
- Select "Movies & TV" from the left menu.
- Select the title you wish to rent/purchase.
- Tap "Redeem Code".
- Enter the code and choose "Redeem".
How to redeem a Google Play code from another country
Google Play codes are region-locked, which means you won't be able to redeem one if you received it from someone outside of your country. Some users reported being able to use the codes but not being able to purchase anything with them.
One possible way to work around this problem is to use a virtual private network (VPN) service. This service allows you to hide your IP address and "trick" Google Play into working as if you are in another country. For example, if you want to use a code from the United States, you must choose that region when setting up your VPN location. You will find many VPN services on the Internet. For most of them you will need to purchase a subscription.
Once you have configured the VPN location, you will need to clear Google Play cache and relaunch it, and you should now be able to redeem and redeem your code.
If you haven't used a VPN yet, this may seem a bit complicated. In the end, it may be more expensive to buy a VPN subscription than just giving up the Google Play code.
Redeem the code and have fun
Google Play Gift Cards are a great way to gift fun and games to other Google users. If you received a gift or promotional code, you can use it in seconds, without the need for a credit card. Plus, you can do it on your phone and computer.
We hope this article helped you learn how to redeem a code in Google Play and that you are now enjoying the fun content.
Have you ever purchased or used a gift code on Google Play? Prefer to use the platform on your phone or computer? Tell us in the comments section below.