Discord can be synonymous with disagreement, but that certainly doesn't mean you can't be nice when exchanging opinions with other people. This chat app can be a great way to spend your free time communicating with members who are interested in topics you also like.
However, it is not uncommon that sometimes a simple misunderstanding or a different opinion can lead to a more serious dispute. This often happens in the online world, where you can't see how your words affect others.
If you're having an unpleasant situation on Discord and want to report someone's inappropriate comments or behavior, here's how to do it.
How to Report a User on Discord Using the iPhone App
Reporting a user on Discord is a simple process on iPhones and other iOS devices, such as iPads. The claims process is easier to use than on a desktop computer, where you have to enter specific identification codes.
Luckily, iPhones make it easier to report users on Discord. However, just because the process is so quick doesn't mean you should report any objectionable messages. It is recommended to make sure that the specific user is breaking Discord's rules.
Notes: You can only report an existing message. If it has been deleted, you can no longer report it. That's why it's essential to save all your messages, even if they are hurtful, until the problem is solved.
Report someone on Discord using the app on your iPhone:
- Locate the message you want to report.
- Tap the top of the message and hold.
- From the context menu, choose “Report” at the bottom of the screen.
If the above method for reporting Discord users does not work, enable Developer Mode and report them using User ID and Message ID.
Report someone on Discord using credentials on your iPhone:
- Open the Discord app on your iPhone.
- Press the " Settings " icon (gear icon). This will open your "User Settings" tab. You can also select your profile picture on the side to access this menu.
- Locate and select “Appearance. »
- Press " Advanced. »
- Find "Developer Mode" and slide the toggle to the "ON" position.
- Now get the IDs needed to report the user – their ID and the post ID. To get the user's ID, open their profile, tap the three-dot icon in the top right corner and choose Copy ID from the options. To copy the message ID, locate the message you want to report, press and hold, then select Copy message link from the list.
Notes: Don't forget to paste the first id somewhere so you can copy it later. The second ID you copy will overwrite it if you don't paste it somewhere first. For example, you can use the Notes app on your iPhone.
- Once you've collected the credentials, head to the Discord Trust & Safety Center and file your report so the Discord team can review it. Provide the copied IDs and a brief explanation of the problem in the Description box.
How to Report a User on Discord Using the Android App
Reporting a user on the Android app works the same as iOS.
- Launch the Discord app on your phone or tablet.
- Open user settings: tap your "profile picture" ou " Settings " (gear icon) to access the menu.
- Scroll down to find the "App Settings" tab and tap on it to open it.
- In the new screen, choose " Behaviour. »
- Under 'Chat behavior', enable the option "Developer Mode" the option to the “ON” position.
- Once you've enabled "Developer Mode", find the post you want to report and its author. Press the "user picture" to open their profile and copy their "ID".
- Long press the message, then choose " To share. »
- Select “Copy to clipboard. »
- Continue pasting the "User ID" and "Message ID" into the " The description " in the "Trust and Security Center" menu, then describe your problem.
After submitting your report, the Discord team will take care of it as soon as possible.
Of course, since there are moderators for every server you participate in discussions on, you can always report a hate speech or similar issue to them. Some issues are resolved by first talking to a user if they've written something that doesn't follow the guidelines.
You can always officially report it to the Trust and Safety team in more serious cases of rule violations.
How to Report a User on Discord Using the Windows App
Do you use the Discord app on your computer? Here's how to report a user on the Windows app.
You are now ready to report the user to the Trust and Safety team. You have both the user ID and the link/message ID. If there isn't a specific message you want to report, just the user and their behavior in general, you won't need the message ID. In this case, you can skip the last set of instructions.
In addition to usernames, you will need to provide your email address and a brief explanation of why you are reporting this person. When you're done, click " TP submit, " and that's all.
If you want to know what happens to your report, check your inbox regularly, because that's where you will receive your response.
How to Report a User on Discord on the Mac App
If you have a Mac computer, you'll find that reporting a user on Discord works the same as Windows PCs.
All you have to do is:
- Open the Discord app on your Mac, select " Settings " (gear icon) at the bottom of the screen.
- In the left sidebar, choose “Appearance. »
- In the “Advanced” section, toggle "Developer Mode" to “ON”.
- To get your report's user ID, two-finger tap the user's name in the friends list on the left side, then select “Copy ID. » Remember that "Developer Mode" must be "ON" or "Copy ID" will not show up in the menu.
- Paste their ID into the text document of your choice. "Developer Mode" must be set to "ON".
- Repeat above for the user's post – click on the three-dot icon you'll see when you hover over the post and get its link.
- Paste both IDs into your report and add a brief explanation in the Description box. When you're done, click Submit and you're done.
How to Report a Discord User for Being Under 13
Most social platforms will only allow you to create a profile if you are over 13 years old. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to prove that someone is younger than this age. However, if you have reason to suspect that someone has violated this rule, you can report it and let the Discord team take care of it. However, you should know that Discord probably won't ban that person unless you have solid proof of their age.
How do I report a suspicious user?
According to Discord, you need to send them a direct email. You can also use the official report form and report this user like any other. Just add the reason in the Description box and use the Attachments option to add proof if you have it.
Want to learn more about reporting people on Discord? Here is some additional information that you may find useful.
Can I easily block someone on Discord?
Yes. You can use any device to block someone's direct messages or profile; then you will no longer be able to see yourself on the platform.
If you only want to block messages, open the privacy settings by clicking the down arrow in the upper left corner of the screen, next to the server name.
Toggle the toggle to turn off Allow direct messages from server members.
If you want to block a user, click on a person's username to open their profile. Click the three-dot icon next to the Send Friend Request button. A drop-down menu will appear, so select Block, and that's it.
When is it appropriate to report a user on Discord?
As mentioned, it's essential to make sure that someone's behavior or posts break Discord's rules. Here are the most common reasons for reporting a user on this platform:
• Sending unwanted messages
• Harass or threaten other users
• Sharing animal cruelty photos
• Sharing child pornography
• Violation of intellectual property rights
• Promote self-harm or suicide
• Distribution of viruses
You can also report someone if they are personally attacking you. Discord isn't a platform where you should feel threatened in any way — it's a place to chat with people who like the same things you do. But before reporting a user, you can try talking to them or even ask a server moderator for help. If that doesn't work, reporting someone may be the only option.
Improve your Discord environment
When someone is toxic or even cruel in an environment where you should make friends and have fun, you have to do something about it. Reporting an inappropriate user on Discord not only benefits you, but it can also improve everyone else's experience on this platform.
Why should someone deal with rude comments or behavior online? You wouldn't put up with such things in the real world, so there's no need to tolerate harassment in the virtual world either.
Have you ever wanted to report someone on Discord? How did you resolve the situation? Share your experience in the comments section below.