The online learning service Chegg offers academic support outside of class. Its textbook discounts and access to resources can help cover some of the costs of studying. However, this service comes with a monthly subscription. So what if you only need the answer to one or two questions? Don't worry, we'll show you how to get answers from Chegg without spending a dime.
For those who do not have a Chegg subscription, the answer to their questions will be unclear. However, this article will provide three legitimate methods to answer your Chegg questions for free.
View Chegg Answers for Free
Let's discuss three genuine methods to get your questions answered and Chegg support for free.
First method: use Chegg's trial period
Take full advantage of access to unlimited solutions and video tutorials with Chegg's four-week free trial. Your trial includes:
- Access to virtual manuals.
- Access to textbook rental.
- Access to individual tutoring.
Here's how to start your trial:
- Go to Chegg.com to create an account.
- Enter your email and password or select the account you want to use.
- Choose “I am a student”.
- Choose whether you are in “High School” or “College”.
- Start typing the name of your school/college, then select it from the drop-down menu. If it is not listed, choose “My university is not listed”.
- Select the year then "Create an account".
- Once connected to your account, click on your profile then on “My account”.
- Select "Payment Information".
- Add your bank details to start the four-week trial period.
Your account will not be debited; however, make sure to cancel the subscription before the stated trial period expiration date, otherwise you will be. After the trial is over, if you want to continue using Chegg for free, you can try creating a new account using different credentials.
Second method: join a Chegg group on Reddit
Joining the Chegg Answers Reddit group is another way to get free help from Chegg. There you simply post the question you want help with and then wait for a response. Just like Chegg, responses can usually take up to 24 hours, sometimes faster than Chegg.
To get started, follow the steps below to create a Reddit account:
- Go to reddit.com.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on “Register”.
- Decide whether you want to sign up using your email address or your Google or Apple ID.
Via l’application Reddit
- Download the Reddit app for iPhone or Android.
- Press "Register" or "Login".
- Choose whether you want to sign up using your email address, Google Account, or Apple ID.
If you want to use your Google Account or Apple ID, Reddit will assign you a random username. You will have 30 days to change it before it becomes permanent. You will be asked to create a username and password to use as your login credentials when or if you register with your email address.
Now access the "Chegg Answers" community by heading to the Chegg Answers subreddit and clicking "Join".
Third method: use Discord
Discord provides free Chegg answers through its multiple servers (channels/communities); hence, it gives access to more active members as compared to Reddit. Much like Chegg, Discord offers daily tasks and quizzes. You have the ability to post as many questions as you want through as many servers as you want. It's pretty cool since you'll receive a variety of answers to help you develop your understanding of a topic.
If you don't have a Discord account, here's how to create one:
- Go to discord.com.
- Select "Open Discord in your browser".
- Enter the username you want to use and click the arrow.
- Complete the Captcha.
- In the pop-up window, select "Skip" to continue setting up your account.
- Next, enter your email address and set a password to claim and secure your account.
- Click on "Claim Account".
- A pop-up window will appear offering a download link for the Discord desktop app. To ignore this for now, click "X".
- Now log into your email account to access the confirmation email.
- Click the link in the email to authenticate your new Discord account.
You can go here for a list of Chegg servers. Click "Join this server" for the channel you want to join.
Clear the fuzziness of your Chegg answers
Chegg's online study services offer features to help with academic success. To make the answers more vague to the questions, you have to pay a monthly subscription. But when you only occasionally need questions answered, paying for the subscription might not be worth it.
Luckily, there are ways to see what's behind the fuzzy answers for free by using the trial periods or by joining a Reddit or Discord community. Since communities love to discuss topics, sometimes you may get your question answered by multiple people. It can help you develop a better understanding of a subject.
What are you studying? How are you finding your course so far? Tell us about your student experiences in the comments section below.