How many times do you double tap on an Instagram post and see the little heart appear on the screen? You may be one of those people who are generous with their tastes, and others only offer such affections to a few messages.
In any case, Instagram remembers the likes you have given and allows you to see them again whenever you want. Maybe you liked an article originally and now want to go back and leave a thoughtful comment as well.
Or maybe you want to revoke a few likes from the past that you no longer align with. It's a simple process and we'll walk you through it.
How to View Your Own Previously Liked Posts from the Instagram iPhone App
If you are an iPhone user, it is quick and easy to access previously liked posts. Was there an article you liked but didn't have time to read the long caption below? No problem, just follow these steps to access it again:
- Launch the Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Tap your profile picture. It is located in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Now tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings” then “Account”.
- Scroll down and select "Posts you've liked".
You could have gone to the person's profile, scrolled and scrolled until you found the post in question and read the caption, but this method is faster.
Also, remember that Instagram only stores the last 300 posts you liked. For some, it could be a few days of liked posts. For others, it could be much longer than that.
How to View Your Own Previously Liked Posts from Android Instagram App
There are many reasons why you want to check out posts you've liked previously. It may contain useful information such as important announcements and schedules.
You may want to go back and read all incoming comments, as they provide meaningful engagement. Anyway, if you're an Android user, here's how to view posts you've liked in the past:
- Open the Instagram app on your Android device.
- Go to your profile, then tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Tap on “Settings” then on “Account”.
- Towards the bottom of the page, you will find the option "Posts you have liked".
You'll see a list of previously liked posts. Again, remember that you only have access to 300 previously liked posts, so if you're looking for older posts, you're out of luck.
Can I view my previously liked posts from a PC?
Checking Instagram on a PC has its advantages. You may not be able to post photos, videos, and stories, but you can follow what people you follow post.
However, there are also other limitations. While you can like posts on Instagram for web, you can't check posts you've liked in the past. The feature does not exist if you are using Instagram through a browser.
This is another limitation that Instagram has imposed on its users besides only being able to display 300 likes in the app. Also, if you're wondering if you can see comments you've already made, the answer is no.
How to View Someone Else's Previously Liked Posts from the Instagram iPhone App
It's human nature to wonder what our friends are doing and what they like. Sometimes you might want to see if your best friend likes the same posts you do. Unfortunately, you can no longer follow other people's likes on Instagram.
This feature was available until 2019, when Instagram decided to remove it, saying it wanted to protect user privacy. While many celebrated the change, others, like parents of minors who want to continue in business, did not.
So, are there options for people who want to see other people's previously liked posts? Some rely on third-party tracking apps, but these are neither legitimate nor usually very accurate.
There is an option, but it has its limitations and can be time consuming. Let's say you want to see if the person you're following has liked a specific post. Here's what you can do if you're an iPhone user:
- Open the app and find the profile page of the person whose likes you want to see.
- Tap the “Follow” section on their profile.
- Select any number they follow.
- Browse posts and if the person whose likes you want to see has liked a specific post, their name will show up below the post.
As mentioned, this can take time and will only work if you are looking for something specific. A person may have liked all the posts of someone they follow, but they may also have liked only one.
How to View Someone Else's Previously Liked Posts From Android Instagram App
The Instagram mobile app works the same on the iOS operating system as it does on Android. Therefore, checking someone else's previously liked posts is just as inefficient as it is for iPhone users.
If you want to search for someone's likes on Instagram while using an Android device, here's what you need to do:
- Launch Instagram and find the account you want to investigate.
- Next, tap on their "Following" section and choose a person they follow from the list.
- Select posts from this account's feed that you think they might have liked.
- If they did, their name will be displayed right under the post.
You might see something like "Loved by John Smith and 10 others." And it will appear under every post you view that has already been liked by them.
How to view previously loved publications from someone else on Instagram on a PC
You can see other people's likes on Instagram in the same way as on a mobile app. You still can't see a neat list of all previously liked posts.
However, you can check specific posts and see if they liked them. For example, if all you want to do is see if someone you follow has liked the same post as you, their name will be right below the post.
However, if more than one person has liked the same post as you, you'll need to tap on the 'likes' list to see if their name is there as well. But if you want to explore other people's previously liked posts, here's what you should do:
- Go to Instagram.com through a browser and navigate to the profile page of the person whose likes you want to see.
- Click on the “Following” tab to see the list of accounts they follow.
- Select an account, then browse posts to see if their name appears under specific posts.
Again, this can be an inefficient method but can work in specific situations.
Track Instagram Likes
Overall, there are significant limitations when it comes to checking previously liked posts on Instagram. For your profile, you can see the last 300 liked posts, and that's it. Also, you cannot access this feature through the web.
When it comes to posts liked by other people, the situation is even more complicated. You don't have access to all of their likes like in the past, nor can they see yours. What you can do is check if they liked specific posts and pay attention to what interests them that way.
How often do you check out posts you've previously liked? Let us know in the comments section below.