As a buyer, you can put an eBay item on your "watch list" and the seller is notified that someone is watching the product. But how do you see the number of watchers for a single ad? And why is it even important to have this information? This article will attempt to answer these questions.
A person who adds an item to their watchlist becomes the watcher. But that doesn't mean they're going to bid on that item or even buy it right away.
Often, watchers are also sellers on the platform and want to follow their competitors' offers and prices.
But seeing how many watchers an item has can also have a psychological effect, as it can tell shoppers which item is popular right now. This is why sellers and buyers may want to see the exact number of people watching a product sell on eBay.
First, let's see how you can see how many viewers an item on eBay has from the buyer's perspective. Fortunately, eBay makes this process simple. Here's how it works with your computer:
- Access eBay using any browser and log in to your account.
- Select a category you want to buy from or search for an item in the search bar.
- Click on the item that interests you. It will redirect you to a new page.
- You will see more product information. Among the details such as the number of items available; you will see how many other people are watching this item.
For example, if you're looking at a pair of shoes you like, just below the price, you might see something like "10 watchers."
This information tells you how many more people are currently interested in the same item. They may buy it, or they're just curious if it's selling and for how much.
Many people use their phone or tablet to shop on eBay because it can be so much more convenient. Viewing a product's number of watchers on eBay works the same way on the mobile app.
First, make sure to download the latest version of the iOS or Android eBay Mobile App on your device. Then, follow these steps to display the number of observers:
- Launch the eBay app on your device and browse the items.
- When you tap on an item you like, you'll see more information about it. The number of watchers will appear just below the price and shipping costs.
Keep in mind that if the element has no observers, it will not show "0 observers". Instead, there will be no information. In fact, most products on eBay have no watchers at all.
Knowing how many watchers your listing has is even more critical if you're selling items on eBay. If there are a lot of watchers and no bidders or buyers, it may mean that your item is priced incorrectly.
This count allows you to correct your prices or continue at the current price, depending on what you decide is the right thing to do.
If you're an eBay seller, here's how to see how many people have added your listing to their watchlist:
- Access eBay using any browser on your computer and log in to your account.
- Go to the "My eBay" option at the top of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Sell".
- There you will see a full summary of the items you are selling. Each active ad will show the number of watchers and the number of bidders.
Important: You can't see who the observers are. The whole process is completely anonymous. This prevents sellers from contacting observers directly.
If you sell products on eBay via a smartphone or tablet, you always have the option of viewing the full summary of the progress of your listings.
This includes the number of observers. Here's where you'll find this information on your eBay app:
- Open eBay on your phone and log in to your account.
- Tap the menu (three horizontal lines in the upper left corner).
- Under "My eBay", select "Sell".
The app will display all the active listings you have on the platform. You will also see the number of observers of each item, if there are any.
If you sell on eBay, having watchers can be very encouraging. They don't always translate to sales, but they can help you tweak the ad and see if it attracts more people. However, observers also play a vital role on the buyer side.
If you're browsing a specific product category, you might be curious why one item has more people paying attention to it than others.
Watchers create buzz around a product on eBay and can benefit both the seller and the buyer. Checking the number of watchers on a single list takes just a few effortless steps.
Do you buy or sell on eBay? What is your experience with the platform? Let us know in the comments section below.