You have an interesting conversion on Snapchat, but you don't feel like typing out a huge paragraph to say everything you need to say. Luckily, like many other apps that offer chat, Snapchat lets you send voice messages.
But how do you record a voicemail on Snapchat? In this article, you will find the steps to successfully record a voicemail on Snapchat on different devices.
Snapchat is a social media camera app for iOS and Android that comes with a host of entertaining and innovative features. Snap is best known for its photo and video tools, such as live video streaming, Bitmoji avatars, photo filters and effects, but its messaging tool is also popular among users.
Chat features are not only popular but also very specific to Snapchat. Messages disappear after opening and users will be notified if you take a screenshot or save a snapshot. Among all these features, Snapchat also lets you send voice messages to your contacts.
Even though the voice message feature isn't as obvious as in other social apps, that doesn't mean it's complex to send one. The steps to send a voice message on Snapchat using an iPhone are:
- Swipe from left to right on the screen right after opening the Snapchat app.
- Choose the person you want to send your voice message to.
- In the "Send chat" bar, long press the microphone icon.
- Begin your voice message while keeping your finger on the screen. As you speak, yellow lines will appear on your screen.
- Remove your finger from the microphone symbol once you've finished recording. The voice message will be sent immediately and the yellow lines will turn green.
If you decide not to send the voicemail while recording, swipe left to delete it.
Since majority of the global population chooses Android devices over iOS devices, it can be assumed that most people access Snapchat through Android device. Apps for Android and iOS have the same functionality, including voicemail.
The steps to do so are quite similar to recording voicemail on iPhone. However, keep in mind that they may vary slightly depending on the Android device you are using, but the main idea remains the same.
- After launching the Snapchat app, swipe from left to right on the screen.
- Select who you want to send your voice message to.
- Long press the microphone icon in the "Send chat" box.
- Start speaking while keeping your finger on the screen. Yellow lines will appear on your screen as you speak.
- When you're done recording, remove your finger from the microphone icon. The audio message will be transmitted immediately and the yellow lines will turn green.
You can also swipe left to delete the audio message if you decide not to send it while recording.
Although Snapchat is designed for mobile devices, many users have found out how to access it on a computer. However, Snapchat seems to make it harder for users to access their accounts from devices that aren't compatible with the app.
The one and only way to use Snapchat on a computer is to download an Android emulator. An Android emulator is software that simulates the Android platform, allowing you to download and use mobile apps from the Google Play Store.
Bluestacks is a well-known and perhaps the best optimized Android emulator that works like a real Android phone. So, using Bluestacks emulator, here is how you can download and install the official Snapchat app for Windows.
- Install the Bluestacks emulator on your PC by downloading the “.exe” file.
- Log in to Bluestacks with your Google account once it has been installed.
- Then go to the Play Store and type in “Snapchat”.
- Install the app and start using Snapchat.
You need to log in to Snapchat and use the voicemail feature the same as on a phone. However, you must activate the application to use your microphone, and of course you must have a microphone connected to your PC. Then follow these steps:
- Launch the app and open the chat window.
- Decide who you want to receive your voicemail.
- In the "Send chat" box, click and hold the microphone icon.
- While pressing the microphone icon, start speaking. As you speak, yellow lines will appear on your screen.
- Lift your finger off your left click once you are done recording. The audio message will be sent immediately and the yellow lines will turn green.
Even though recording a voicemail on Snapchat may be slightly different from other messaging steps, it's still quite simple. When it comes to doing it on PC, you'll have to put in some extra effort, but it's still doable. Keep in mind that once the person receiving the snap opens the chat with the voicemail and leaves it, they can no longer access the voicemail. This can be changed by adjusting the time it takes for a message to disappear in the chat settings.
How often do you use Snapchat for messaging? What do you think of the messaging features offered by Snapchat? Let us know in the comment section below!