If you're logged into your Instagram account on multiple devices, you might be wondering how you can log out of them all at once. This can be especially useful when you're not sure which devices you're signed in to. It could be your friend's phone or a computer in your school library that you forgot to log out of.
In this guide, we will show you how to log out of your Instagram account on all devices. Plus, you'll learn how to check how many devices you're currently signed in to.
Log out of Instagram account on all devices
There are many reasons why you might want to log out of Instagram on multiple devices. Your Instagram account contains a lot of private information, including your posts, search history, followers, archived posts and stories, saved posts, and more. Anyone logged into your Instagram account has access to this information and could easily misuse it.
You may have used someone else's device to sign in and weren't given the option to sign out. Or you might have accidentally saved your password on their device, allowing them to access your Instagram at any time. In the worst case, someone could have logged into your account without your permission. Whether it's for privacy reasons or if you want to make sure you log out, you need to know how to log out of your Instagram account on all devices.
Unfortunately, there is no built-in functionality that allows you to do this. However, there is a way to log out of Instagram on all devices. You won't have to log out of each device one at a time or use third-party apps. All you have to do is change or reset your password.
If you've ever changed your password on Instagram, you might remember that Instagram asked you if you wanted to log out of all accounts or stay logged in. This happens every time you change your Instagram password. It doesn't matter which device you choose to do it with.
If you're not sure if you're logged into Instagram on other devices, Instagram also lets you verify your login information. Follow the steps below to check the devices on which you are currently logged in:
- Launch Instagram.
- Go to your profile picture in the lower right corner.
- Go to the menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Go to “Settings” then to “Security”.
- Tap "Connection activity".
- Go to the “Where you are connected” section.
Not only will you be able to see where you're logged in right now, but you'll also get a list of all the devices you've logged in to recently. You can check each device by tapping the three dots on the right side. From there, you can tap on the “Sign Out” option, but that will only sign you out of one session. At this point, Instagram will ask you to change your password.
How to Change Your Instagram Password on an iPhone
Changing your Instagram password on your iPhone is a relatively simple process, and it will only take you a few minutes. Here's how:
- Open Instagram on your iPhone.
- Tap your profile picture in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Go to the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of your profile.
- Choose "Settings".
- Go to "Security" in the menu.
- Under 'Login Security', tap 'Password'.
- Enter your current password.
- Think of a new password and enter it twice.
- Proceed until you reach the "Save" option in the upper right corner.
- Select "Sign out of all accounts" in the pop-up window.
Once you have completed these steps, you will need to log back into your Instagram account. It doesn't matter how many devices you were connected with before; Instagram can log you out in seconds.
How to Change Your Instagram Password on an Android
If you want to change your password for Instagram on your Android, the process is very similar. Here is what you need to do:
- Run the app on your Android device.
- Tap the person icon in the bottom menu to access your profile.
- Proceed to the menu icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select "Settings" from the list of options.
- Go to “Security” then to “Password”.
- Enter your current password and your new password.
- Confirm your new password.
- Tap "Save" in the top right corner of your screen.
- Choose "Sign out of all accounts" in the pop-up window.
That's all we can say about it. To use the app again, you will need to enter your new password and username to log in on this device.
Keep your Instagram account secure
Your Instagram account stores a lot of private information, which is why you need to be careful about the devices you use to log in. The good news is that you can log out of Instagram on all your devices at once. Whether you choose to change or reset your password, you won't have to worry about other people accessing your account and private data.
Have you ever logged out of Instagram on all devices before? Did you change or reset your password to do this? Let us know in the comments section below.