As new streaming services appear all the time, Netflix maintains its dominance in the market. The platform has an easy-to-use interface, so navigation is straightforward even when using Netflix on your TV.
While you can stay signed in to Netflix for easy access to your favorite content, you don't want to let anyone change your recommendations and watchlist. To avoid this, you can sign out of your Netflix account in no time.
Depending on the device you're using, there are differences in the steps you need to take to sign out of Netflix. That's why we're going to show you how to sign out of your account on your smart TV, Roku devices, Amazon Firestick, and the Netflix app on your smartphone.
How to Sign Out of All Connected Netflix Accounts from Your Mobile Device
Before going through the whole process of signing out a Netflix account on your smart TV, let's see how it works on the mobile app. Many users watch Netflix directly on their mobile devices or stream the content from their phones.
If you're an iPhone user, here's how to sign out of your Netflix account:
- Open the Netflix app on your phone and select your profile.
- Tap your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the “Sign Out” option.
The steps are the same for the Netflix app for iPad.
If you are an Android user, follow these steps to sign out of your Netflix account:
- Launch the Netflix app on your mobile device and choose your profile.
- Tap your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Select the "Disconnect" option.
If you have multiple Netflix accounts, you will need to repeat this process for each. Also, you can sign out from all devices simultaneously, but this option is only available if you are accessing Netflix through a browser.
How to Sign Out of Netflix Directly on a Roku TV
One of the best things about having a Netflix is that you can watch it using different platforms and devices. If you own a Roku TV, you already know how easy it is to download the Netflix app, log in with your credentials, and start streaming.
However, sometimes you need to sign out of your Netflix account, so knowing the exact steps is essential. Here's how it works:
- Using your Roku TV remote, open the Netflix channel.
- If there are more than one, select your Netflix profile.
- Select "Get Help" from the menu on the left side of the TV screen.
- Now select “Logout”.
- When prompted, confirm the action by selecting "Yes".
These steps apply not only to Roku TV, but also to Roku 3, Roku 4, Roku Express, and Roku Streaming Stick.
How to Sign Out of Netflix Directly on an LG TV
If you have an LG smart TV, you can easily watch Netflix as most models have the designated app. You can even stream Netflix in Ultra HD on select LG TVs and enjoy the best viewing experience.
Once you're done, you may want to sign out of your Netflix account until the next viewing. Here's how to do it on your LG TV:
- Open the Netflix app and select Premium Apps followed by "Settings".
- Now choose “Options” followed by “Netflix Deactivate”.
This is a fairly simple process that will instantly sign you out of Netflix. However, depending on the model of LG TV you have, there are several other ways to sign out of Netflix.
- If you see the 'Netcast' option on your TV screen, select 'Setup'.
- Select "Service Maintenance" followed by "Disable Netflix".
- Select "OK" to confirm the selection.
Another potential disconnect route you can take is:
- If all you see on your LG TV's home menu is 'Setup', select 'Network'.
- Then select “Netflix” followed by
- by "Disable Netflix".
- Confirm by selecting “Yes”.
Finally, maybe your LG TV doesn't have any of these options. In that case, follow these steps to sign out of your Netflix account:
- Open Netflix on your TV.
- From the Home screen, select the “Get Help” option or the “Settings” icon.
- Choose the “Disconnect” option.
- Confirm the selection by choosing "Yes" on the screen.
How to Sign Out of Netflix Directly on a Samsung TV
If you have a Samsung Smart TV at home, singing from your Netflix account is quick and easy. If you're done streaming for now and want to disconnect, here's what you need to do:
- Using your Samsung TV remote, navigate to the Netflix home screen.
- Click the left arrow button on your remote, which will reveal a hidden Netflix menu.
- With the down arrow, select “Get help”.
- Select "Sign out" and choose "Yes" to confirm.
However, if you can't find the "Settings" option on your Samsung TV, you can use the arrows on your remote to sign out of Netflix.
All you have to do is press the arrow buttons in the following order:
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up.
If you are successful, you will see four options on the screen: "Sign Out, Retry, Disable, or Reset." Select "Sign Out" and you're done.
How to Sign Out of Netflix Directly on a Firestick Connected to a TV
Many viewers rely on Amazon's firestick to get their daily dose of Netflix content. However, if you want to sign out of your Netflix account, Firestick doesn't offer an immediate solution. Fortunately, there is a workaround you can take:
- Using your Amazon Firestick remote, navigate to "Settings".
- From there, select “Applications”.
- Now select “Manage all installed apps”.
- Scroll down until you find and select "Netflix".
- In the menu, select "Clear data".
That's all we can say about it. Amazon Firestick may not have a "Sign out" button, but deleting all Netflix app data will produce the same result.
Sign out of Netflix whenever you want
Almost all modern smart TVs come with a pre-installed Netflix app. Those that don't, however, allow users to easily download Netflix and enjoy it directly from their TV. Logging into your Netflix account on TV and other devices is quite simple, but logging out may take a bit more effort.
If you're watching Netflix on your phone, the sign-out process takes a few taps on the screen. However, when you sign out of LG TV, you can choose one of several options.
Samsung TV users should find the "Settings" gear icon and take it from there. The same goes for those streaming Netflix on Roku TV. Finally, if you're using the Amazon Firestick, you'll need to clear the Netflix app data to sign out.
What device do you use to watch Netflix? How complicated is the logout process? Let us know in the comments section below.