The battery life of your Fitbit can range from a week to 10 days, provided that the GPS function is not permanently activated. So people who get the most out of this activity tracker and use it often may need to charge it more frequently. But a great way to conserve the Fitbit's battery is to turn it off when not in use.
However, Fitbit wearables come in several different models, and not all turn on or off the same way. Also, some Fitbits cannot be turned off at all.
If you're considering buying a Fitbit tracker, it's crucial to know if and how you can turn it off. Here are some tips for getting the most out of your Fitbit by turning it off when not in use.
How to turn a Fitbit Versa on or off
If you own or plan to buy the Fitbit Versa model, you're in luck because this tracker may be off. This applies to all three generations of this Fitbit wristband.
However, if you have Fitbit Versa 1 and 2, powering it on will be slightly different than the Versa 3. Either way, the process is simple and only requires a few steps.
Here's how to shut down Fitbit Versa 1, 2, and 3:
- From the clock face, swipe left and find the "Settings" option on your Fitbit watch.
- Scroll down the screen. Tap the “About” section.
- Scroll down again and tap on the “Stop” option.
- Confirm your choice by tapping the screen.
To turn the Fitbit Versa 1 and 2 back on, just press the back button once.
However, to turn on the Fitbit Versa 3, you must press and hold the button until the tracker begins to vibrate.
Either way, once the Fitbit logo appears on the screen, your watch is on.
How to turn a Fitbit Inspire on or off
The Fitbit Inspire is one of the wearable models that users cannot turn off at all. All you can do is restart it during which it will only turn off briefly and then turn back on.
Otherwise, it will only turn off when its battery runs out. If you need to restart your Fitbit Inspire, here's how:
- Take your Fitbit inspire and connect it to the charging cable.
- Press and hold the device button for five seconds.
- Keep holding until the smiley face appears on the tracker screen.
Once your Inspire watch starts vibrating, it's officially restarted.
How to turn Fitbit Charge on or off
The Fitbit Charge is one of the company's most popular models and has seen several upgrades over the years. The device is water resistant, has excellent battery life and features a cool design.
Unfortunately, it does not allow users to turn it off. Like the Fitbit Inspire, all you can really do is temporarily restart it if you're having technical issues. Here's how:
- On your Fitbit Charge watch, swipe until you find the "Settings" app.
- Now tap on the “Reboot Device” option.
- If the watch does not respond, press and hold the button for eight to 10 seconds, then release.
The tracker has been successfully restarted when the watch starts vibrating and a smiling icon appears on the screen.
How do I turn a Fitbit Ionic on or off?
The Fitbit Ionic model is a true smartwatch with built-in GPS, excellent music storage and dynamic personal coaching.
As one of the top Fitbit trackers, it can be turned off and on again. It only requires a few quick taps. Here's how:
- On your Fitbit Ionic, swipe left and tap the "Settings" app.
- Scroll down and tap on the “About” section.
- Now scroll down again and tap on the “Stop” option.
- Confirm your choice.
Your Fitbit Ionic will turn off automatically. To turn it on, press the back button once and wait a few moments for it to turn on fully.
How to turn a Fitbit surge on or off
The Fitbit Surge has a secure and comfortable fit and can track many activities, including yoga, hiking, and weightlifting.
It's a super-reliable fitness tracker that you can, thankfully, turn off if needed. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the left side of the tracker, press the "Home" button.
- Go to the “Settings” screen.
- At the bottom right, tap the arrow.
- Select the checkmark to initiate shutdown.
That's all we can say about it. To turn on the Fitbit Surge, press any button on the device.
How to turn a Fitbit Blaze on or off
Another top activity tracker from Fitbit is Blaze. It has a large touchscreen, sleep tracking and fantastic battery life.
It also has more than one button for more control when it comes to notifications and music. If you have a Fitbit Blaze, you can turn it off whenever you want. Here are the steps to follow:
- From the home screen, swipe left until you find "Settings".
- Tap the "Settings" app and keep scrolling until you see the "Stop" option.
- Press the "Stop" button and confirm your selection.
When it's time to turn on your Fitbit Blaze, press any button on the watch and wait a few moments.
Important: When your Fitbit is turned off, it will likely display the incorrect time when turned back on. It doesn't matter if it's turned off because the battery is exhausted or you turned it off.
Manage your Fitbit Tracker the way you want
Even though fitness trackers have features that can allow them to replace a traditional watch. They know how to tell the time, but they are much more than that. The analog watch can't be turned off, and digital watches aren't meant to be.
Activity trackers, such as Fitbit, can be full-time wearables, or you can use them only when needed. In the meantime, you can turn them off and preserve the battery.
The bad news is that not all Fitbit devices can be turned off, but many can. You can also restart your Fitbit from time to time to make sure it's still synced with the app.
What Fitbit tracker do you use? Let us know in the comments section below.