As a Mobile Legends player, you know that this top notch game made for Android and iOS is not without its issues. Slow connections, difficulty in matching, and security issues are some of the inconveniences faced by users.
If you're looking for a way around these issues, you've come to the right place. This article provides the steps to use a VPN on Android and iPhone while playing Mobile Legends, a simple solution to these common user frustrations.
Why should you use a VPN for Mobile Legends?
There are many benefits to using a VPN when playing Mobile Legends.
While most gamers use a VPN to avoid lag, in Mobile Legends many gamers use a VPN to achieve the opposite. Servers that experience severe lag spikes leave the games of players native to that server frozen. By connecting to an overloaded server like this, you can sweep and kill your opponents, putting you ahead of the game. Although this is considered cheating, this view does not prevent many Mobile Legends players to use this tactic.
If you're not looking to cheat, the improved speeds associated with using a VPN means less lag and less chance of your player getting killed or missing a good match.
Another reason to use a VPN with Mobile Legends is for pairing. Using a VPN allows you to connect to opponents of your level from all over the world.
Bandwidth throttling is a practice used by many Internet service providers. Unfortunately, this often slows down your game speed and can lead to a bad gaming experience.
Using a VPN when playing a game such as Mobile Legends prevents this from happening. The VPN hides the content or gaming site you are visiting from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If your ISP can't see what you're doing, they won't throttle your bandwidth, leaving you with unhindered gaming speeds.
And finally, a VPN will also help you with security issues. Whether there are government restrictions on gambling or you want to protect your data from cyber thieves, using a VPN is a great way to do it.
How to Enable a VPN on Your iPhone for Mobile Legends
Using a VPN on your mobile device is relatively simple. There are a range of VPN providers, but since ExpressVPN is the fastest available, we'll use them in our instructions. Here are the steps to enable a VPN on your iPhone for Mobile Legends:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN
- From the AppStore, download ExpressVPN.
- Once downloaded, you will need to create an account with ExpressVPN and log in. Note that you will need a monthly subscription to use the service.
- Once you have logged in, read the Privacy Agreement. Then, to continue, click on the "Agree and continue" button.
- Tap "Continue" to configure your VPN.
- ExpressVPN will open a pop-up message asking to add VPN configurations. Tap "Allow".
- On the next page, enter your password to continue.
- Choose your preferences for your ExpressVPN notifications and then tap "OK."
- A new page will ask if you want to help improve ExpressVPN; select "OK" or "No, thank you". You can always change this setting later.
Your VPN is now configured. Now you need to set your location to enable VPN before connecting to Mobile Legends. Here are the steps you will need to follow:
- Launch ExpressVPN on your iPhone.
- On the “Home” screen that opens, tap the icon with the three dots next to the “Smart Location” bar. The different slots available will appear in a drop-down menu.
- Select the location that suits your needs by tapping on the “All Locations” tab.
- From there, select the continent, country, and state you want to set your location to. The "Home" screen should reappear automatically once you have made your selection.
- Press the big "Connect" button on the screen. Once connected, the ring around the button turns green. Your IP address location is now set to the location you chose. Your VPN is activated.
- Launch Mobile Legends on your iPhone. You will now be connected to the server at your new location.
How to activate a VPN on your Android for Mobile Legends
Applying and activating a VPN on your Android device so you can have a better gaming experience is simple; here's how to go about it:
- Sign up for an ExpressVPN account
- Head to the Google Play Store and search for ExpressVPN. Download it and install it.
- Once the app is installed, create an account and log in.
- The next page will ask if you want to help improve ExpressVPN, choose "OK" or "No, thanks". You can always change this setting later.
- To configure your VPN, press “OK”.
- A pop-up will ask you for permission to approve ExpressVPN's connection request. Press “OK”.
Note that the app is only compatible with Android 5.0 and is free to download. However, to use the VPN for more than a month, you need to subscribe to a monthly subscription.
The VPN on your Android device is now configured.
Now that your VPN is installed and configured, you must select your new location and activate your VPN before connecting to Mobile Legends. These instructions will guide you:
- Launch ExpressVPN.
- Tap the icon with three horizontal dots.
- In the “Locations” menu, click on the “All Locations” tab at the top of the screen.
- Choose your continent, your country, then your state. After making your selection, the app will return to the “Home” screen.
- If it did not start the connection automatically, press the "Connect" button. Once connected, the ring around the button will turn green and indicate "Connected".
- Launch the Mobile Legends app.
Will using a VPN cause lag when I play?
No. Using a VPN allows you to connect to a server that is not overcrowded, resulting in less lag, faster reaction time, and faster matchmaking. The only time you may see lag is if you connect to an overcrowded server. However, in this case, the native users of that server will experience latency, not you.
Can I get banned from using a VPN?
In the case of most games, using a VPN can get you fired and possibly banned from the platform. However, Mobile Legends maker Moonton is much more lenient with this. The reason being that many countries have banned the game, and allowing players to connect with a VPN allows the company to prevent the popularity of the game and the number of players from decreasing.
Downloading and activating a VPN on your Android or iOS device is relatively simple once you know how. Using this tool can improve your gaming experience when playing Mobile Legends by eliminating latency, improving security, and enabling fast matchmaking. Follow the easy steps in this guide multiple times and you'll level up like a pro.
Have you played Mobile Legends on your iPhone or Android device with a VPN enabled? Did you use a process similar to those presented in this guide? Let us know in the comments section below.