Is there a post you're not quite ready to post on Instagram and want to come back to later? Then you can save it as a draft and come back to it when you have time to add more filters and write the caption. Luckily, using this feature isn't difficult once you know the steps.
If you're wondering how to use drafts on Instagram, you've come to the right place. As a bonus, find out how long drafts last and how to delete them. Plus, find out where to find recorded reels.
How to Create and Save Instagram Drafts on iPhone
If you're using an iPhone and want to learn how to save Instagram drafts, here's what you need to do:
- Launch "Instagram" on your phone.
- Tap the plus icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Take a new photo or upload an existing photo from your " Library. »
- Click on " Next. »
- Choose filters such as brightness, contrast, etc.
- Press " Next. »
- Click on the « back arrow in the upper right corner of the screen to return to filters.
- Click on the « back arrow once more. You will receive a message asking if you want to save the draft. Press on " Save the draft. »
Keep in mind that it is only possible to save the draft if you add Instagram filters to the post, edit it, tag friends or write a caption. If you just download the post without all that and go back, Instagram won't ask you to save the draft.
How to Create and Save Instagram Drafts on Android Phone
If you have an Android phone and want to save Instagram drafts, here is what you need to do:
- On your Android smartphone, open « Instagram. »
- Click on the "+" plus icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Add a photo from your library or take a new photo.
- Click on " Next. »
- Once in “Filters”, choose your options such as brightness, contrast, saturation, etc.
- Press " Next. »
- Click on the « back symbol in the top right section to go back, then repeat to go back.
- You will now see a pop-up asking if you want to save the image as a draft. Click on " Save the draft. »
How to Use Instagram Drafts on Windows, Mac, and Chromebook
Now that you know how to save drafts on a mobile phone, you're probably wondering if the same is possible when using a computer. At this time, you can't save drafts if you're using Instagram on your computer. That said, if you need to keep a message, you should do so on your smartphone instead.
How to Access Your Drafts on Instagram
Accessing drafts on Instagram is not that difficult. The steps are the same whether you are using an iPhone or Android.
- Open "Instagram" on your phone.
- Click on the "+" plus icon in bottom center section.
- In your "Library", you will see "Recents", which are photos and videos from your mobile phone. You will also see "Drafts". Here you can find the saved photo. Tap the "Drafts" item to open it.
How to edit your drafts on Instagram
Drafts can be edited on Instagram once the photo has been uploaded. To edit them, you'll follow the same steps as if you were uploading something for the first time. Here is what you need to do:
- Once you have opened the photo from "Drafts", tap " Next. »
- Press "Edit," which is below the image and now colored blue.
- This will take you back to the “Filter” page.
How to Delete Drafts on Instagram
It may happen that you no longer need a draft or that you want to start an article again. If you want to delete Instagram drafts, here's what you need to do:
- Open « Instagram. »
- Touch the "+" plus icon.
- On the right side of Drafts, Press on " Manage. »
- Select “Edit. »
- Finally, press " To throw " and confirm that you want to delete the draft.
As you can see, managing drafts on Instagram is relatively simple. You can now save as many as you want and then edit them when you need to publish them. Once the editing process is complete, delete the draft to reduce clutter in the "Drafts" space.
Additional Instagram Draft Frequently Asked Questions
How long do Instagram drafts last?
In reality, Instagram drafts don't have a lifespan. However, some users have complained about their drafts suddenly disappearing. If this is happening to you, it's probably an Instagram issue. You can contact their support and see if they can help you fix the problem.
Where are my reel drafts on Instagram?
If you saved a Reel on Instagram, how do you access it? Is there a particular location for the reels, or are these types of drafts in the same place as the classics? Instagram guarantees that all drafts, regardless of type, are user-friendly. Therefore, you can also find the saved reels in the “Drafts” section.