Roblox emotes allow you to express how you feel and communicate with your fellow players during gameplay. There are many animations available, from those that display excitement to sadness, all designed to add a human element to your gameplay.
If you want to know how to use Roblox emotes, we will show you in this article. We'll explain how to set up and use Roblox emotes on your computer or mobile device, and how to download free emotes. And our FAQs include what to do if the emoticon icon is not showing in a game.
How to Use Emotes in Roblox on PC
To set up and use emotes for Roblox play on your computer:
- Launch Roblox.
- Select “Catalog”.
- In the left tab under "Featured", select "Featured Emotes". This will return all free emotes you can use.
- To download emotes for free, select the "Get Now" button, then "Get Now" to confirm the download.
- Follow the same steps to individually download all emotes.
- When you've downloaded the emotes, navigate to the "Avatar" on the left. This brings up the "avatar editor" and displays the freshly downloaded emoticons.
- Clicking on any emote will allow you to equip them. You can place each emote from one to nine by simply selecting an emote and then selecting a number you want to assign to them.
- Start a game and then press the "B" button to open equipped emotes.
- Now, to make your emoticons appear, open your chat menu and type “/e (emoticon name)” then enter.
How to Use Emoticons in Roblox on the iPhone or Android App
Setting up and using Roblox emotes through your mobile device is as easy as it is on the desktop:
- Open Roblox.
- Go to "Featured Emotes", then press "Get" to download them.
- Go to the “Inventory” section.
- Under 'Category', tap the drop-down menu, then choose 'Avatar Animation'.
- Choose "Emote" for the "Subcategory".
- Tap the "Wear" option, then equip emotes to add them to your avatar.
- When you enter a new game, emoticons will be added to the wheel and activated.
- To make your emoticons appear, open your chat menu and type “/e (emoticon name)” then enter.
What are all the dnaces in Roblox?
Dancing is a popular way to express happiness in Roblox. There are three dances in Roblox on the default servers. If you want to dance, you type “/e dance” in the chat followed by “Enter”. For the three dance animations it is:
• / e dance
• / e dance2
• / e dance3
Which keyboard button do you press for Emote in Roblox?
To emote in Roblox, you need to open your chat menu, type “/e” and the command, then enter.
What are the different types of Roblox emotes?
Here are some of the default emotes your Roblox avatar can perform and the commands that must be entered in chat to activate them:
• / and vague
• / and well done
• I laugh
• /e point
• / e dance
• / e dance2
• / e dance3
How to get more Roblox emotes?
The majority of emotes must be purchased before they can be used in-game. However, there are free ones available, some ready to use in-game, and others easily added:
1. Log in to Roblox.
2. At the top left, click on the hamburger icon and then on the "Avatar" option.
3. Select "Animations" and then the "Emotes" option.
4. Emoticons displayed under the “Animations” “Emotes” section are available for use.
5. To add the other free emoticons, select "Show all" under "Recommended".
6. In the catalog on the left, select "Featured Emotes".
7. Towards the end of the page, you will see all available free emoticons.
8. Click on an emote that is not available.
9. On the next screen, click "Get" then "Get Now" to get the free emote.
10. Once you're done, go back to and select the "Animations" and "Emotes" options again.
11. Click "Equip Emoticons".
12. To add new emoticons to the slot, select an emoticon and then select the slot in which you want to place it.
Emotional Roblox gameplay
Roblox emotes are used for communication and self-expression during gameplay. Not only does using them add to the shared fun aspect of gameplay, it adds an emotional human element to it.
The available Roblox emote options are plentiful. Invoking an emote is done via a game's chat, by typing "/e" followed by the emote command.
What do you like most about using emoticons? In general, which emoticons do you use most often? Let us know in the comments section below.