You can find all kinds of Google Photos rumors on the internet. One of them is that the platform has a feature that allows you to stare closed eyes in photos. Unfortunately, this feature does not exist on Google Photos because it is a cloud storage for photos and not a photo editing tool.
If you want to fix closed eyes in photos, you need to use another third-party app or photo editing software like Photoshop. Stick with us and we'll tell you which apps to use to fix closed eyes on your favorite photos.
Perfect photos with eyes closed
There's nothing worse than taking a picture with your friends and finding out that one of you has closed your eyes. Luckily, some advanced photo editing apps and suites can help you combine two photos to fix closed eyes in minutes.
No matter what you've heard, Google Photos can't help you do that. Here are the best tools to fix closed eyes and other imperfections in your photos.
Photoshop is the go-to application for photo editing tasks. It's been around for decades and has seen many improvements, updates, and new tools over the years. We can't go through them all because there are so many, but we'll walk you through the process of removing blind eyes. Photoshop will help you enhance your photos better than any other software, but the process takes a bit of effort to master.
Fix closed eyes
When you can't make another photo with everyone's eyes open, Photoshop can help you fix existing photos with just a few clicks. The following tutorial is based on the assumption that Photoshop is already installed on your device. Here's what you need to do:
- Open Photoshop and load the photo you want to fix. Also upload another photo of the person with their eyes closed, but with their eyes open. Find a photo with a similar angle for best results.
- Select "File" from the menu, then click "Open." Find the photo you want to fix in your folders. Load the second photo in the same way.
- Once both photos are open, select the "Pen" tool and draw a circle around one eye on the "open eyes" photo. Make it a little wider than the eye itself, so it includes some skin below and above the eye. Right-click on the area you selected with the pen and choose "Make Selection".
- Click on “Edit” in the menu and select “Copy”.
- Go back to the image with your eyes closed and select "Edit", then choose "Paste". Drag the eye that was cut out in the second image over a closed eye in the image that you want to correct. Use the "Scale" tool to change the size of the eye to fit the photo.
- Finally, use the “Smudge” tool for the finishing touches. Select the brush tool and choose the smaller faded tip. Blend the edges of the glued eye with the surrounding skin on the photo you want to edit.
- Repeat the process for the other eye.
Facebook AI for closed eyes
Apparently, Facebook is developing an AI that will automatically take care of the closed eyes problem. In its current state, the AI uses other people's photos to correct the ones you want. The AI still does some Frankenstein-like shots and will need a few more improvements before release. Researchers are looking for a way to integrate the facial recognition technology that Facebook already uses.
The new AI is in an advanced stage of development, but the exact date of the update is still unknown. However, it is almost certain that we will soon see the new AI developed on our devices.
Change any photo with a little skill
Photoshop is still the best tool for editing photos. It can help you get rid of closed eyes, but it does take some skill. Our quick tutorial should be enough to point you in the right direction, but you'll need to spend some time practicing to master Photoshop. If you put some effort into it, you can make your photos look perfect every time.
How do you stare with your eyes closed in your photos? Do you use Photoshop or do you use another application? Share your experiences in the comments section below.