These days, it's surprising to hear that someone doesn't have an Instagram account. But even those who have been able to resist this social network know what Instagram stories are. If you've heard of a story you can't miss, you're probably wondering if there are ways to view it without having to create an account.
In this article, we'll tell you everything you need to know about viewing Instagram stories and suggest which tools can help you do so.
You have discovered that someone important to you has posted a story and you want to check it out as soon as possible. But you don't have an account. Since the person who posted the story can see who opened it, you don't want to ask your friends for help. If you try to go to the Instagram website, you will only see the option to create an account, and there is no workaround to access the feed.
Fortunately, there is a way to view Instagram stories without an account, but you need to use the right third-party software to do so. We've prepared this list of the best ones, along with instructions on how to use them:
Insta-Stories Online is a free and easy-to-use tool that lets you view stories without an account. It's a website, so it doesn't require you to download any apps or programs. Also, you don't need to create an account for this.
Here's how to use it:
- Open your browser and navigate to the Insta-Stories Online website.
Enter the username of the person whose story you want to see in the search bar and press "Enter" or tap the magnifying glass icon on the right. Pay attention to the dashes, underscores, periods, and other punctuation marks found in their username.
- You will see the profile appear at the top left. Tap the purple circle on the left to access their stories. You can also scroll down to see all of this user's current stories and select the one you want to see.
- If you want to view other stories posted by the user, tap the left or right arrow.
Insta-Stories Online allows you to download stories to your device by tapping the "Download" button in the upper right corner. Additionally, you can save your favorite profiles by tapping the heart icon to the right of the username. This software also allows you to view and download publications.
Besides viewing and downloading Instagram stories, Instadp lets you view and download Instagram profile pictures, reels, posts, highlights, and videos.
Here is how to view Instagram stories using this tool:
- Open your browser and visit the Instadp website.
- Type the username of the person whose story you want to view in the "Username" search bar and press "Enter" or select the magnifying glass icon.
- Press "Continue".
- Scroll down to see all stories the user has posted in the last 24 hours. If you want to save any of them, press the "Download" button.
Each profile you search for will appear in "History", so you can always access it later without problems.
Instadp works on all platforms and is completely free.
StoriesIG is another easy and free website to view and download Instagram stories. You can use it on both your computer and your mobile device, regardless of the operating system you have. Follow the instructions below to use it:
- From your browser, visit the StoriesIG website.
- Enter the profile username in the search bar and press "Enter" or the two arrows on the right. Pay attention to the punctuation marks in the username.
- You will see the number of current stories displayed under the username. Scroll down to see them. To save them to your device, select "Download".
This tool also allows you to view and download Instagram Highlights. Just select “Highlights” after searching for a username.
The other websites we mentioned above are great, but there's a small chance you'll get poor results, especially if there are a lot of accounts with a similar username. They allow you to enter the username, but the website chooses one at random if there are several similar profiles.
Mystalk lets you enter the username and then choose the right profile you want to view. For this reason, you don't need to know the exact username. Additionally, you can find the profile using just the person's real name (if they added it to Instagram).
Here is what you need to do:
- Open your browser and navigate to the Mystalk website.
- Enter the username or the person's first and last name in the search bar at the top and press "Enter" or the magnifying glass on the right.
- Choose the profile you want to view.
- You will see the profile stories under the username. Browse to find the one you want or view them all. To save them to your device, tap "Download" in the lower right corner of the story.
Dumps lets you search and download stories, articles, and videos. Another cool feature is that it allows you to search based on hashtags or locations.
Follow the steps below to view Instagram Stories:
- Open your browser and visit the Dumpor website.
- Type the username in the search bar.
- You will see multiple profiles appear in the results. Choose the one that interests you.
- Scroll down and tap "View Stories".
- Select the one you want to display. If you want to save it to your device, tap the green icon in the top right corner.
The websites we mentioned are free and serve their purpose, but there are several potential downsides you should keep in mind:
In most cases, using Instagram story viewers is safe. However, these websites can still track your activity and information. Those who are worried about their online security probably shouldn't use these tools or research them further before choosing one.
Some websites claim that they allow you to view stories posted by private profiles and then redirect you to other pages which are often not legit. These websites may even contain viruses that can harm your device.
Other websites may ask you to enter your email address, phone number, or other private information. Although this is entirely up to you, we do not recommend it. Many Instagram story viewers don't require you to provide any personal information.
Most Instagram story viewers contain ads which can be annoying and lead to untrustworthy websites. It is better to ignore them.
It is not possible to access everyone's stories. First, you can only see stories from public accounts. Instagram users have two options for their accounts: public and private. When an account is set to "public", anyone can see their posts and stories. But, when a private account posts an article or story, only their followers can see it. So if you're trying to see a story posted by a private profile, you're out of luck.
Additionally, Instagram offers a “Close Friends” option. By enabling it, users share their story only with the people they have selected. These stories are impossible to access unless you have an account and are added to their close friends.
Finally, keep in mind that each story is only 24 hours long. You cannot access an expired story unless the user has saved it in the “Highlights” section.
Instagram doesn't let you access people's stories if you don't have an account. But, with the help of many Instagram stories viewers, that's not a problem. Various tools are available online and can be used on any platform, regardless of the operating system. Moreover, they are user-friendly and completely free.
We hope you found this article helpful and now you know how to view Instagram stories without an account.
Have you tried watching Instagram stories without an account? What tool did you use? Tell us in the comments section below.