AirPods have completely changed the way we enjoy music. The days of tangled cables and headphones falling out all the time are finally over. Bluetooth headphones are much more convenient and comfortable to use.
If you're new to AirPods, you'll need to get used to regularly checking their battery level. If you don't charge them in time, you might have to sit through a long train/plane ride without your favorite music. Below, you'll find the easiest way to check your AirPods' battery levels.
The easiest ways to check AirPod batteries
The best thing about AirPods is that they charge quickly. 15 minutes of charging will give you three hours of listening to your favorite songs. Knowing when it's time to charge them is essential, so keep an eye on the battery levels. There are different ways to determine the amount of juice left in the AirPods.
Checking your AirPods battery levels is the easiest thing to do. First you need to connect the pods to your iPhone via Bluetooth.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone and select Bluetooth.
- Hold the AirPods case close to your iPhone.
- Open the case.
- Tap Connect when the option becomes available.
Checking batteries on previously paired AirPods
If your AirPods are already paired with your device, checking battery levels is even easier. Here is what you do:
- Hold the AirPods case close to your phone.
- Open the case and wait a few seconds for the charging status to show on your screen.
- If the charging status is not displayed, close and reopen the case one more time.
- The battery status will display and also tell you the battery levels of your AirPods and the case.
Use iPhone Widget Page
Your iPhone's widgets page can tell you how much battery is left in your AirPods.
- Swipe left to right to access the widget page.
- Scroll down and tap Edit at the bottom of the page.
- Find the Batteries widget.
- Tap the + icon to the left of the widget.
- Place the widget at the top of the page for easier access.
- Tap "Done" in the upper right corner. The changes are now saved.
- Scroll down to the "Batteries" widget.
- You can now check the battery life of your AirPods while they are paired with your iPhone.
The AirPods case has a small battery indicator. Here's how to check the battery level using the case.
- Fully open the AirPods case.
- Place the AirPods in the case.
- The battery indicator is located between the headphones. If the light is green or amber, you still have juice left.
- The green light tells you that the batteries are fully charged. Amber means your AirPods are somewhat depleted.
If you want to know exactly how much battery is left, you'll need to open your Mac's Bluetooth menu.
- Click the Bluetooth icon in the upper right corner of your Mac screen.
- Turn this on.
- Wait for the AirPods to appear.
- Hover over the AirPods icon to reveal the battery level.
How to save battery
There's nothing worse than AirPods running out of battery when you're away from a charger. That's why you need to make sure to save battery power when you're not using them. Here are some helpful tips to make sure your emails always work.
- Keep AirPods in their case
You should put your AirPods back in their case when you're not using them. The case will charge them, so you know they're ready to go when you need them.
- Do not open and close the case too often
If you frequently open and close the AirPods case, it will lose battery life. You only need to open it when you take out the headphones or when you put them back inside. The case will drain the battery if left open.
- Charge your AirPods on your Mac computer
Sure, you can charge your AirPods anywhere, but they'll charge fastest when plugged into your Mac computer.
- Reset your AirPods to fix battery drain
Your AirPods case may be losing battery due to a problem. If the AirPods are draining faster than usual, reset them by pressing and holding the setup button on the bottom of your AirPods case. Hold it for about 15 seconds and reconnect it to your device.
Charge your AirPods before you leave home
Now that you know how to see the battery levels of your AirPods, we advise you to always charge the case before leaving the house. That way, you'll know for sure that you're getting the most out of your headphones. Bring your charging cable, just in case you need to charge the case.