If you've been on Hypixel for a while, you might be wondering how to join your friends and manage your social interactions on the Minecraft server. Luckily, it's easy to learn the ins and outs of the Friends system, Hypixel's social feature that lets you interact with friends on the platform.
In this article, we'll cover everything there is to know about the friends system so you can join your friends on Hypixel anytime you want. You'll learn how to join your crew in a group or guild, invite them to join you for a game, and much more. So, let's start the fun.
The first step to joining a friend's lobby is to join the Hypixel server. To do this, make sure you have a Minecraft account and install the game from the official website.
Once you've done that, you can add the Hypixel server to your list of multiplayer servers. The address is “mc.hypixel.net.”
When you get to the server, you can further explore the Friend feature.
Hypixel's Friend feature allows you to add users you know as friends. After that, you will be able to see their server activities and play with them. You can activate the Friends function by typing the following command: “/friend in-game“.
The friends system at Hypixel is a great way to meet new people, message them, and see what games they're playing. You will also be able to open private chests or invite people to parties.
To play with your friends, you must be at the same party as them. You can invite them (or they can invite you) by typing “/p invite [username]”. This command will create a party and you can play the same games as the people in it.
You can also run "/f list" to see a list of your online friends and the lobby they are in. Unfortunately, there is currently no way for you to join a lobby with your friend unless they invite you first. So, the easiest thing to do to play games together is to use the “/party” function. And if you ever just want to chat with your friend, you can always “/msg” them.
- Your friends can see your online status and the game you are playing.
- They can access your Walls and Mega Walls protected vaults, so only add people you know to your friends list.
- If you set specific party invitation settings, you can limit the invitations you receive to those of friends.
- You can use chat messages to accept or decline friend requests.
To join a friend in a Skyblock lobby, use the following commands:
/p [username] (enter their username), ou alors
To join your friend's island while playing cooperatively, you can use the following command:
/coop [player1] [player2]
This command will start a new profile for both co-op players. All existing islands will still be there and you can switch between the two profiles whenever you want.
You can invite friends to Hypixel through the social menu. Here's everything you need to know about this useful feature.
First, to access the menu, access the hotbar and hold the hand item while standing in a hall. You'll see five clickable icons at the top of the menu: you, friends, party, guild, and recent players.
The “You” icon looks like a head. You can browse it to check your Hypixel network level, current guild or achievements.
The "Friends" icon will display the users you have connected to on the server. You can add friends by clicking on the book and typing their username. They will receive a friend request from you shortly after. In this menu you can also manage your friends or see what they are doing on the network. You can send invitations to groups, see their network levels, achievement points, guilds they are in, and if they are online.
Here is a list of popular friend commands to help you navigate the server faster:
- /f help – get a list of all friend commands
- /f add
– add a user as a friend
- /f accept
– accepts a user's friend request
- /f deny
– decline a user's friend request
- /f list – get a list of your friends
- /f remove
– removes a user from your friends list
- /f requests – show pending friend requests
- /f toggle – toggle friend requests
- / msg
– start a chat with a player
- / msg
– send a text to a player
- /r – replies to a message sent to you less than five minutes ago
You can also replace the "f" part of the commands with "friend". For example: /friend help, or /friend accept .
The "Party" menu allows you to start a party. Being part of a party with different players allows the leader to join compatible game modes. As a party leader, you can invite all of your friends to a game with you and have everyone play on one team.
You can invite your friend to a party using the “/p [username]” command. To check who is in the party, use the "list /party" command. Here is a list of other useful commands to control your group:
- /party help – get all party commands
- /party invite [player] – invite a user to the party
- /party list – see the list of people in the party
- /party leave – leave the party
- /party warp – warps the party on your server
- /party kick [player] – remove a player from the party
- /party promote [player] – promote a member to a party leader
You can replace the "party" part in the commands with "p. For example: "/p list" or "/p help".
If you have an MVP++ rank, you can start groups that allow players to join without requiring an invite. These parties are great for streaming, and you can start one with the “/stream” command. As you run the command, tap the "Create Party" option in the book and choose how many players you want in the party (two to 100.)
You will then receive a command to pass on to other players so that they can join the group. It will look something like “/party join”.
At this point, you can use the standard group commands provided above.
"Guild" mode is for users who often play games together. When starting a guild, your group can collect coins to upgrade the guild. You can create different guilds, each with a dedicated chat for seamless communication between friends. You can track players' online activities from the guild menu. You can also invite guild friends to a party. Note that to create a guild, you need a VIP+ rank.
You can create a guild with the following command: “/guild create“.
If you want to join a guild, you can do so with the “/guild join [name]” and accept the invitation with the “/guild accept” command.
Whenever you need help, you can see the full list of guild commands by typing “/g” and “/guild“.
Here are some additional guild commands to help you out:
- /g chat [message] – send message to guild chat
- /g demote [player] – demote a player from a previous rank
- /g disband – disband the guild
- /g info – displays guild information
- /g invite [player] – invite a player to join your guild
- /g leave – leave the guild
- Members /g – view active guild members
- /g menu – opens the guild menu
- /g online – view online members of your guild
- /g party – invite guild members to a party
- /g quest – displays the guild quest
Finally, the "Recent" players menu is where you can find players you've recently played games with.
Through the Hypixel Social menu, you can manage your social interactions on the server. Whether you want to view your friends list, see which room they're in, check their active status, or create a party, you can do it here. Hopefully this article has answered your questions regarding the ability to join friends on Hypixel.
What game modes do you prefer to play at parties? Have you already created a guild? Share your experiences in the comments section below.