Disclaimer: Certain pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This in no way affects our editorial staff.
Kodi is a fantastic way to stream content to your TV from a computer or phone, and using Google's Android TV is a great way to turn your basic TV into a "smart" TV. .
Although streaming Kodi on Chromecast is a bit tricky, installing Kodi on your Android TV is an easy task. Here's how you can install Kodi on your Android TV and start streaming your stored content to the big screen.
Note: Many add-ons contain content that is not officially licensed and access to this content may be illegal. If the content is free but seems too good to be true, then it probably is. Use one of our top VPN picks when streaming online like ExpressVPN.
Limited offer: 3 months FREE!
Option 1: Install Kodi from Play Store
- Download the Which app on your Android TV using Google Play.
- Configure the Kodi app to view content you have stored on the network. If the installation is successful, you are ready to use Kodi on your Chromecast.
Option 2: Install Kodi from the Official Site
- If Kodi is not available in the Play Store, go to Android TV Parameters panel and scroll to Security and restrictions.
- Light up Unknown sources to allow the installation of applications outside the Google Play Store.
- On a PC, download Kodi for Android from the Kodi download page. Depending on your hardware, you need to select the correct version.
- Copy the downloaded .apk file to Google Drive or USB drive and plug it into your Android TV.
- Using the TV, browse and access the .apk file using the Files by Google app or another file manager of your choice. NOTE: Be careful when choosing a file browser, as copycat apps with spyware and adware running in the background are aplenty!
- Open the .apk file to install Kodi and follow the instructions. Kodi will work the same as downloading from the Google Play Store, except it will ask you for security permission.
- Configure Kodi to view the content you have stored on the network.
As mentioned earlier, many add-ons contain content that is not officially licensed. Access to such content could infringe copyright or lead to illegal use. The user's responsibility is to comply with all applicable laws in their country regarding data and content.
Now that Kodi is installed on your HDTV, you can play with it and explore the features and options to make it your own! It also allows profiles so that other users can customize it according to their needs. Leave your comments below on how you use Kodi on your Android TV.